Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching Ozark, Wondering: "What's It Like To Live On A Big Lake?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    Attachment 90089

I am not on the lake, but I am pretty close to the water. If you don't like seeing things like this in your yard, you probably don't want to live in nature.
    That's a funny looking dog.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Singer Porsche and the collection of Heirloom Precision 1911s.
    Uhh, if you got a Singer 911 it would only be logical to get a Singer 1911 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Don't forget the rodents who take up residence in your car's engine compartment during the winter as the engine is nice and warm. They piss and shit everywhere and chew up stuff. Modern vehicles have voids that they love and are hard to get to (by humans). Just spent $400.00 for my two cars and the pee smell is finally gone, and the windshield wiper fluid works again.
    Yeah, I know the drill. Had rats living in my pickup and RV. You need a barn cat. That's one that hunts and doesn't live in the house. Worth their weight in gold. I had one for awhile and something ate him. Then the rats moved in. We have a few barn cats around now (neighbors who feed them but they aren't pets) and the rats disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Uhh, if you got a Singer 911 it would only be logical to get a Singer 1911 too.

Uh, he isn't a 1911 guy. I would be surprised if he owned one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Old time Lake County FL person here, and the family has lived on various large and small lakes for many decades.

So, there's advantages and disadvantages, but if I could afford to live on Lake Harris or Monroe or Dora, I would in a heartbeat.
    I liked fishing on the gulf coast. Can't go to MX anymore so the gulf coast or Alaska might be it.

Fresh water fish was never my thing. Lots of that here but I just don't like to eat it. More or less a personal taste.

Looking for some fresh Sockeye to smoke this month.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-13-2022 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Uh, he isn't a 1911 guy. I would be surprised if he owned one.
    Surprise!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I cant speak to living on a lake but I can speak to living on a river x2 times. The first place I could stand on the back patio and toss a rock into the river. I wouldnt do it again unless I had a water front lot.
    Id say do it. Get a big enough lot you have a decent amount of space for activities like bonfires horse shoes parties etc etc. I had a tennis court net I used for a volleyball net, a fire pit with benches, a horseshoe pit and a super thick rope for tug of war. The parties were pretty epic. All the strippers made it even more fun.
    its cooler in the summer, theres a constant breeze, its the first place to get green and the last place for the leaves to fall off.
    I didnt have a power boat just a canoe. But I was in the palisades in a big pool, multiple times a week during summer after work Id be going home and the neighbors golden retriever always followed me home. We would jump in the canoe and paddle up river tie off to a huge rock that had slid into the river, swim and toss sticks into the river for the dog to fetch. River people are a different bunch of folk, it would be best to mind your manners there, Id say lakes are a lot more civilized.
    Last edited by UNK; 06-14-2022 at 08:04 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Surprise!!!
    Well I'll be gobsmacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Well I'll be gobsmacked.
    It is still America, for now.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've got a friend who lives on Lake of the Ozarks year-round. She told me that in the summer, it's as though they've turned on a giant Asshole Magnet that pulls people in from 200 miles around.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List