Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Hot sauce must be hot.. We don't make mayonnaise here."

Site Supporter

"Hot sauce must be hot.. We don't make mayonnaise here."

Will all the stories revealing the Boston bombers true nature:; dope dealing, thieving, woman beating, welfare cheats as well as murderous scum, we need to remember most refugees do come here and live the dream ...

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr...-tran-20130414

Sriracha hot sauce purveyor turns up the heat

The gig: David Tran, 68, founded hot sauce company Huy Fong Foods Inc. in Chinatown in 1980 and a few years later introduced Sriracha sauce to the U.S.

Refugee: When North Vietnam's communists took power in South Vietnam, Tran, a major in the South Vietnamese army, fled with his family to the U.S, After settling in Los Angeles, Tran couldn't find a job — or a hot sauce to his liking.

Packing heat: Early on, one of Tran's packaging suppliers told him, "Your product is too spicy. How can you sell it?" Add a tomato base, some friends counseled. Sweeten the flavor to pair it better with chicken, others said. But Tran stood firm.

"Hot sauce must be hot. If you don't like it hot, use less," he said. "We don't make mayonnaise here."

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Will all the stories revealing the Boston bombers true nature:; dope dealing, thieving, woman beating, welfare cheats as well as murderous scum, we need to remember most refugees do come here and live the dream ...

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/apr...-tran-20130414

Sriracha hot sauce purveyor turns up the heat

The gig: David Tran, 68, founded hot sauce company Huy Fong Foods Inc. in Chinatown in 1980 and a few years later introduced Sriracha sauce to the U.S.

Refugee: When North Vietnam's communists took power in South Vietnam, Tran, a major in the South Vietnamese army, fled with his family to the U.S, After settling in Los Angeles, Tran couldn't find a job — or a hot sauce to his liking.

Packing heat: Early on, one of Tran's packaging suppliers told him, "Your product is too spicy. How can you sell it?" Add a tomato base, some friends counseled. Sweeten the flavor to pair it better with chicken, others said. But Tran stood firm.

"Hot sauce must be hot. If you don't like it hot, use less," he said. "We don't make mayonnaise here."
    I love that stuff. Goes great on eggs, in Pho, or a burger.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I love that stuff. Goes great on eggs, in Pho, or a burger.
    Agreed.

Also surprisingly good is siracha and peanut butter on broccoli, carrots, tortillas, and most other things. No, this is not a practical joke. It really is good!

Site Supporter
    We (well, I) go through a large bottle in about a month.
    Wife mostly got over my spicing up her recipes a while ago, although I still get the occasional eyeroll.

Lays is running a series of new flavors, one of them is Sriracha. Even my kids are eating that one. (although the best one is Chicken & Waffles, IMO).

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Can't talk... running to Safeway...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I think I want to get that tattooed on me somewhere.

and, yes, Sriracha for a period of time went on almost everything I ate. That period of time only ended when I ran out of sriracha.

Quote Originally Posted by RiesigJay View Post
    Agreed.

Also surprisingly good is siracha and peanut butter on broccoli, carrots, tortillas, and most other things. No, this is not a practical joke. It really is good!
    I have peanut butter. I have sriracha. I will go to the store and get broccoli and carrots. Excellent!

Also, this (NSFW):

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

This is a Sriracha burn. It'll hurt more than you've ever been burned. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing. Stay with it. This is your pain. It's right here. What you're feeling is premature enlightenment. It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LOL!

LHS, that Oatmeal link is awesome.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Can't talk... running to Safeway...
    1. Chicken & Waffles
    2. Sriracha
    3. Tapatillo & Lime

That'll get you started. Don't forget to take your statin.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List