Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Firearms supply chain woes....worst ever...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is this the same Freedom Munitions? I ordered 200 rounds of .45 ACP from them earlier this evening...
    Same logo. The old place also had a factory in ID. I reckon it's them.

Lots of people around here used them. Most were satisfied.

I kept hearing people complain about ammo that had the characteristics of being underloaded, and they often had recalls of ammo for being overloaded. Didn't give me confidence.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I used to shoot a lot of their stuff way back in the day. It was mostly OK from what I remember. No big issues come to mind. I shot a lot of their .38.

Site Supporter
    Is this the same Freedom Munitions? I ordered 200 rounds of .45 ACP from them earlier this evening...
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Same logo. The old place also had a factory in ID. I reckon it's them.

Lots of people around here used them. Most were satisfied.

I kept hearing people complain about ammo that had the characteristics of being underloaded, and they often had recalls of ammo for being overloaded. Didn't give me confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I used to shoot a lot of their stuff way back in the day. It was mostly OK from what I remember. No big issues come to mind. I shot a lot of their .38.
    Saw multiple issues with them including multiple 9mm Squibs in two cases of 9mm from two different lots in a Bruce gray class. In decades of shooting including years of full time firearms training I致e never seen so many squibs at one time.

@JM Campbell had issues with their 300 black out rifle ammo as well.

Split a case of their reloaded 9mm ball with a buddy in the first Obama panic. I had 2 failures to extract in 500 rounds, and I don't think he had better results. That lot was loaded in the grungiest range brass I've ever seen.

Broke an early (~2006) 9mm M&P flawless streak. In the roughly 7k I had on that gun before I sold it, Freedom Munitions was responsible for the only two malfunctions.

Well chit. I知 not a fast shooter so I値l probably check it out in my Blackhawk first.

Just for giggles, were the issues pre-2018?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Student
    You guys know better.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Saw multiple issues with them including multiple 9mm Squibs in two cases of 9mm from two different lots in a Bruce gray class. In decades of shooting including years of full time firearms training I致e never seen so many squibs at one time.

@JM Campbell had issues with their 300 black out rifle ammo as well.
    I've heard as much and believe it, I just didn't have any negative experiences myself. It probably helped that I was mostly shooting .38SPL LRN.

Site Supporter
    Well chit. I知 not a fast shooter so I値l probably check it out in my Blackhawk first.

Just for giggles, were the issues pre-2018?
    Yes pre-2018

Thanks. If my username changes to Lefty or Stumpy you値l know something went wrong...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I ran through 2 cases of Freedom 9mm and a bunch of 762 Nato without an issue. I have heard reports of problems from credible sources though so I've stopped buying their ammo. What is amazing to me is how much they are charging !

User Tag List