Page 245 of 346 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

For rough-feeling Glock triggers, here are a few places to look:

-the trigger bar's upward extension (that shark's fin portion). Look for any rough spots as this rides against the firing pin safety.

-the trigger bar's rear end (that curved part which rides against the connector. Any rough spots here might be felt by the user.

-the edge of the connector which rides against the trigger bar's curved rear end; same as above.

-the polymer trigger mechanism housing. I've never been able to smooth out this polymer and, if necessary, substituting in a new one was my only answer. This was only done if I identified the trigger mechanism housing as the problem.

Note, Glock doesn't advise polishing any parts, only replacing them. That's easy for them to say if they're at the USA headquarters in Georgia with unlimited parts. Polishing of trigger parts even has its own name on the internet: "25˘ Trigger Job". This is what many/most folks will try as it's basically free.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Thanks, probably about time I learned how to do this anyway.

I seem to recall there was some talk of the 19 M parts being coated (?) so will look into what is the best hard use option. Of course I’m sure I can’t likely go wrong by going to Brownell’s and ordering a few Glock Gen 5 replacement items.
    Rich if you are going order / swap parts, in addition to a new trigger bar I would order the new ejector housing used in the the G19X/26/34.5/ 17.5 MOS and 19.5 MOS part number (33854)with the 47021 ejector.

Both the older and new gen 5s have the dot connector and the 3970 trigger bar.

You might try cleaning the trigger housing. Mine was getting gritty and the pull was getting harder. Hosed it out with brake cleaner and it improved. I ended up replacing the housing just because. No further problems yet.

Hope you get it figured out.

I had the same gritty trigger issue with my 19x...

Took it apart and cleaned the trigger housing with Slip 2000 cleaner/degreaser.

Gun feels like new again.

Just crossed 5000 rounds with no issues.

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Thanks all. I thought I would go ahead and disassemble my 2017 G19.5 this morning, based on the input received. I used this video for reference:

https://youtu.be/FN9a-4pp6dQ

I focused on the frame; I had cleaned out the striker channel a week or so when I had swapped out my SCD. The parts I took out seemed just worn a bit, nothing looked out of the ordinary (granted I've never taken a gun apart before but all the items looked fairly normal to me.)

Out of interest I noted the following part numbers (gun is an early 19.5, mismatch frame, S/N BEYRxxxx):

Trigger housing – 33667
    Ejector – 30274
    Connector – No part no; just has a "Dot"?
    Trigger Bar – 39701
    Slide Release – 33571-1
    Locking Block - 7894-1

After reassembly and lube per the manual, the "hitch" seems almost gone, if not eliminated.

Thanks all, much appreciate the input. There is NO WAY I would have felt confident without the resources of Pistol-Forum and the advice I get here.

PS I would like to point out to @Tom_Jones that there is no hammer pictured in the above photo.
    Last edited by RJ; 11-04-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Hammertime
    Thanks all. I thought I would go ahead and disassemble my 2017 G19.5 this morning, based on the input received. I used this video for reference:

https://youtu.be/FN9a-4pp6dQ

I focused on the frame; I had cleaned out the striker channel a week or so when I had swapped out my SCD. The parts I took out seemed just worn a bit, nothing looked out of the ordinary (granted I've never taken a gun apart before but all the items looked fairly normal to me.)

Out of interest I noted the following part numbers (gun is an early 19.5, mismatch frame, S/N BEYRxxxx):

Trigger housing – 33667
    Ejector – 30274
    Connector – No part no; just has a "Dot"?
    Trigger Bar – 39701
    Slide Release – 33571-1
    Locking Block - 7894-1

After reassembly and lube per the manual, the "hitch" seems almost gone, if not eliminated.

Thanks all, much appreciate the input. There is NO WAY I would have felt confident without the resources of Pistol-Forum and the advice I get here.

PS I would like to point out to @Tom_Jones that there is no hammer pictured in the above photo.
    Isn’t it nice how, with a little
    YouTube, one can easily fully disassemble and reassemble a Glock. They are the standard for ease of this process.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    Isn’t it nice how, with a little
    YouTube, one can easily fully disassemble and reassemble a Glock. They are the standard for ease of this process.
    Seriously.

When your ‘Armorers Tools’ consists of a roll of tape, a punch and a teeny screwdriver, even a numpty like me can manage a Glock.

PS just got back from 160 rounds at the range. Gun still works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I still have some binding in the G19.5 trigger apparent in Dry Practice today.

I have the following parts queued up to order from Brownell's via the p-f affiliate link:

1) Trigger w/Trigger Bar G17/G19 9mm Gen 5 Smooth 100-026-269WB Mfr Part: 39702

2) Trigger Housing w/ejector & Spring G17/G19 9mm Gen 5 100-026-267WB Mfr Part: 33854

3) Trigger Pin Ambidextrous G17/G19 9mm Gen 5 100-026-268WB Mfr Part: 8298

My goal is to renew the parts I have, to attempt to restore the original trigger. I am not after "lighter" or "better". My shooting ability isn't, really, limited by "better" or "lighter". I want to maintain 100% reliability using Glock parts and compatibility with my SCD. So I am ordering Glock OEM parts, for the Gen 5, reflecting recent updates (i.e. the 33854 THM/E). (I'm ordering pin because I am sure I will lose the dang thing at some point.)

Is there anything else I need/should consider replacing at this time? Gun is over 3,000 rounds.

Site Supporter
    Ok so I still have some binding in the G19.5 trigger apparent in Dry Practice today.

I have the following parts queued up to order from Brownell's via the p-f affiliate link:

1) Trigger w/Trigger Bar G17/G19 9mm Gen 5 Smooth 100-026-269WB Mfr Part: 39702

2) Trigger Housing w/ejector & Spring G17/G19 9mm Gen 5 100-026-267WB Mfr Part: 33854

3) Trigger Pin Ambidextrous G17/G19 9mm Gen 5 100-026-268WB Mfr Part: 8298

My goal is to renew the parts I have, to attempt to restore the original trigger. I am not after "lighter" or "better". My shooting ability isn't, really, limited by "better" or "lighter". I want to maintain 100% reliability using Glock parts and compatibility with my SCD. So I am ordering Glock OEM parts, for the Gen 5, reflecting recent updates (i.e. the 33854 THM/E). (I'm ordering pin because I am sure I will lose the dang thing at some point.)

Is there anything else I need/should consider replacing at this time? Gun is over 3,000 rounds.
    Recoil spring in a few thousand rounds - may as well order it now.

Rich, if you press the right side of the ambi safety inwards toward the center line of the pistol and hold pressure while pulling the trigger, do you feel the binding? Give the opposite a try and see what sort of binding if any you get.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Sellers; 11-04-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List