Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 3 Acro options?

Glock 19 Gen 3 Acro options?

Looking into jumping into the ACRO with a Gen 3 Glock 19 for a carry gun that also play nice with irons. Does anyone have any experiences with the following options or any others? I would have gone to a Gen 5 MOS slide but they are stupid expensive here.

Dedicated Slides - all appear to have been out of stock for some time
    Brownells
    Syndicate Arms S1 or S2 (Agency AOS cut)
    Unity Arms ATOM

Dedicated Cut
    ATEI Guns
    KE Arms - does not appear to be available anymore
    Jagerwerks
    Maple Leaf Firearms

Modular Plate Cut
    Agency Arms AOS
    Wilson Combat True Zero cut

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    Looking into jumping into the ACRO with a Gen 3 Glock 19 for a carry gun that also play nice with irons. Does anyone have any experiences with the following options or any others? I would have gone to a Gen 5 MOS slide but they are stupid expensive here.

Dedicated Slides - all appear to have been out of stock for some time [/URL]

Dedicated Cut

Jagerwerks
    Maple Leaf Firearms

I have experience with these 3. First pistol optic was an ACRO mounted to an aftermarket slide by KE Arms that I bought assembled from russell phagan (good guy). That has worked great, but as you note, these slides are hard to find and the internal components even harder to find.

For that reason I just ended up direct milling a ton of my guns using exclusively Jagerwerks or Maple Leaf.

Jagerwerks did my other ACRO cut for a Glock 19 that I will eventually mount the new P-2 ACRO to when mine finally ships. Very happy with their work. Biggest downside is that I just wanted front serrations and not any other slide work. This saves at least $100 per pistol, but they will mill right through the lettering on the slide. It doesn't really bother me but in hindsight I would have chosen differently.

Everything else I sent through maple leaf, using their carry package. For an ACRO you'll want their duty cut package which is $200 for a bunch of slide milling including optic cut of your choice and re-nitriding.

In hindsight, this is what I would have done for my ACRO. I would recommend you go this route vs Jagerwerks if you decide to direct mill as you get more work for less money. Their cuts are also extremely tight (I had to seat my RMRs with a brass mallet) which is confidence inspiring. The price is also hard to beat. See below for a photo of some of my guns. The 3 pistols with the OEM slides (17, 19, 26) are all Maple Leaf's work with their stonewash nitride re-finish + their carry essentials slide work. Couldn't be happier.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thank you. I like the way you roll!

Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    Awesome, thank you. I like the way you roll!
    Happy to help, I learned a bunch through error as I jumped into handgun optics with both feet a few months ago. Very happy I did so but there are a few things I would've done differently, including sending every doublestack Glock to Maple Leaf. They do really exceptional work for very little money and will be getting my business again in the future for certain.

Site Supporter
    @Nephrology - Thanks for the detailed info on Maple Leaf. I am looking to have multiple Gen 3 Glock 19/17 slides milled for a Holoson HE508T-RD X2. Maple Leaf sounds perfect, and I can order it as a package deal. Two questions, if you please:

1. What specific plain black iron sights do you recommend in conjunction with the HE508T-RD X2 such that they are *just* high enough to use as a backup to the dot? I want the irons intruding on the view as little as possible, yet remain usable. Are the ones you'd recommend available from Maple Leaf?

2. What was the reason you selected the stonewash nitride refinish option? Purely cosmetic?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I have experience with these 3. First pistol optic was an ACRO mounted to an aftermarket slide by KE Arms that I bought assembled from russell phagan (good guy). That has worked great, but as you note, these slides are hard to find and the internal components even harder to find.

For that reason I just ended up direct milling a ton of my guns using exclusively Jagerwerks or Maple Leaf.

Jagerwerks did my other ACRO cut for a Glock 19 that I will eventually mount the new P-2 ACRO to when mine finally ships. Very happy with their work. Biggest downside is that I just wanted front serrations and not any other slide work. This saves at least $100 per pistol, but they will mill right through the lettering on the slide. It doesn't really bother me but in hindsight I would have chosen differently.

Everything else I sent through maple leaf, using their carry package. For an ACRO you'll want their duty cut package which is $200 for a bunch of slide milling including optic cut of your choice and re-nitriding.

In hindsight, this is what I would have done for my ACRO. I would recommend you go this route vs Jagerwerks if you decide to direct mill as you get more work for less money. Their cuts are also extremely tight (I had to seat my RMRs with a brass mallet) which is confidence inspiring. The price is also hard to beat. See below for a photo of some of my guns. The 3 pistols with the OEM slides (17, 19, 26) are all Maple Leaf's work with their stonewash nitride re-finish + their carry essentials slide work. Couldn't be happier.

[/QUOTE]

Do you notice any difference between G4 and G3 guns when mounting a red dot? Do you still use stock RSAs in the G3s?

I currently have a G3 19 that is set up for gun games and a G4 19 that is for carry. My first 507c is on the way and I'm debating milling one of the current gats or buying a new G5.

Glock 19 Gen 3 Acro options?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post

How is the depth of the cut on the Jagerwerks Acro cut? I really want to keep my iron sights behind the optic and they seem to be the only currently available option for that. My slides already have forward serrations so I’m not worried about the serrations going through the lettering (although that would bother me too).

I’d love to use Maple Leaf since they are just down the road from me, but it looks like they only do irons forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Chris17404 View Post
    @Nephrology - Thanks for the detailed info on Maple Leaf. I am looking to have multiple Gen 3 Glock 19/17 slides milled for a Holoson HE508T-RD X2. Maple Leaf sounds perfect, and I can order it as a package deal. Two questions, if you please:

1. What specific plain black iron sights do you recommend in conjunction with the HE508T-RD X2 such that they are *just* high enough to use as a backup to the dot? I want the irons intruding on the view as little as possible, yet remain usable. Are the ones you'd recommend available from Maple Leaf?

2. What was the reason you selected the stonewash nitride refinish option? Purely cosmetic?

Thanks for the help.

Chris
    1. I went with the standard suppressor height sights they recommend, I got the Ameriglos thru them and had them install. All my guns have RMRs installed but with that optic and those irons I’d call to a lower 1/3 or maybe 1/4 cowitness, YMMV with the holosun

2. I wanted some kind of nitride as it’s thinner and more durable than cerakote per my understanding. Stonewashed vs regular nitride was purely for cosmetic purposes I’m sure either would be fine

[QUOTE=littlejerry;1235262]

Do you notice any difference between G4 and G3 guns when mounting a red dot? Do you still use stock RSAs in the G3s?

I currently have a G3 19 that is set up for gun games and a G4 19 that is for carry. My first 507c is on the way and I'm debating milling one of the current gats or buying a new G5.
    I don’t have all of my guns back yet but using original RSAs and no issues of any kind with my gen 3 26 and gen 4 17/19

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    How is the depth of the cut on the Jagerwerks Acro cut? I really want to keep my iron sights behind the optic and they seem to be the only currently available option for that. My slides already have forward serrations so I’m not worried about the serrations going through the lettering (although that would bother me too).

I’d love to use Maple Leaf since they are just down the road from me, but it looks like they only do irons forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In the hospital but I can measure when home, if I forget send me a PM. Can compare vs my KE arms slide if that’s helpful

That said I think maple allows irons in standard position with their duty package but maybe not an option with the ACRO? They kept my original dovetail for all my RMR cuts

User Tag List