View Poll Results: Do you vote Bloomberg?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, removing Trump is more of a concern than gun rights

2 1.40%
  • No, Bloomberg’s stance on guns is too concerning

49 34.27%
  • Not voting for either (stay home or third party)

7 4.90%
  • I already support Trump

85 59.44%
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun enthusiasts / Trump haters: Would you vote for Bloomberg?

CWM11B
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Nothing makes (R) more pro 2nd-amendment then a (D) in the White House.

Remember all that gun control Obama passed?

Remember all that gun control Trump revoked?

Oh, right.
    Did Obama get any bills passed by both houses to sign in to law? Has Trump gotten any bills passed by both houses to repeal previously passed legislation? POTUS doesnt pass or repeal anything. They sign or veto what's presented by Congress.

Site Supporter
    I'd be surprised if Bloomberg gets the nomination. Moderate Dems have to choose between Mike, Joe, Pete, and Amy. The left of the party has to choose between Bernie and Warren, and it looks like they've made their decision. Sanders has been around for a while and, to my memory, never a leader on gun control. He's far too far to the left on everything else, and I'd be surprised if he could accomplish much of anything because of that.

I voted write in in 2016. I'm definitely voting for Trump this year. Hopefully we'll get another four years of packing the federal courts with conservative judges!

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    IMO, a deep dive into history shows damn near none, with the most notable possible exception being George Washington, are worthy. Most of them, especially in the 20th century, presented the illusion of decorum and respect for the office, the constitution, people, and republic.Looking for the perfect candidate is rather Quixotic from my perspective. I'll bow out however, as I'm pretty sure I know how this is going to devolve.
    Well, W, we're friends and I have great respect for your opinions and thoughts, as you know.

I'm not looking for perfect. I'm simply looking for someone with the same respect for the Constitution, the oath of office, the traditions of this country and its values as I had while I was working as a federal LEO. (And I was nowhere near perfect. Not even close.)

Searching for that candidate seems akin to Diogenes searching for an honest man.

I voted for Trump last time out. Not sure I have another clothespin to mask the stench this time around. I don't expect everyone to agree with me and I respect the point of view of my friends and peers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Did Obama get any bills passed by both houses to sign in to law? Has Trump gotten any bills passed by both houses to repeal previously passed legislation? POTUS doesnt pass or repeal anything. They sign or veto what's presented by Congress.
    And yet they call it "Obama Care", fancy that. Although the president doesn't introduce bills in the house, he it the head of his / her perspective party and has a lot of influence on what they pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Nothing makes (R) more pro 2nd-amendment then a (D) in the White House.

Remember all that gun control Obama passed?

Remember all that gun control Trump revoked?

Oh, right.
    I remember the two vehemently anti-gun justices Obama appointed to the supreme court. Trumps picks may not be as clear cut, but much better than the previous 2. Lower courts also count. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and needs to be viewed as such.

Also, Obama was a pragmatist. He knew gun control could be damaging to the party, so he tread lightly. He was more focused on the healthcare and took hits because of that. Adding gun control wasn't worth the political capital to him.

On the other hand, you can bet gun control is number one with a bullet (pun intended) on Bloomberg's agenda, and he's will to move forward at all costs.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Not that I have any love for Bloomberg, but it's important to remember that the president is largely powerless to enact gun control legislation behind his or her role as party whip. Given that Obama didn't get any new gun control legislation through with a solid blue house and senate I am not really worried about what the winner of the 2020 presidential election will do to the 2nd amendment.

I am MUCH more concerned about gun control at the state level. If you haven't been paying attention, we've been getting our asses kicked in this arena for the last 15 years. Don't think it won't happen to your state, either. See: Virginia.

edit: Handily beaten by previous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Bloomberg would make the NSA surveillance of Americans now seem downright libertarian. He would literally confiscate guns. He would legislate how much soda you can drink and what you can eat. He would not be above trying to remove term limits. He would abolish the electoral college. He is literally evil.
    It's not that he hates guns. He just thinks we're idiots, that he's smart and enlightened, and that the world would be perfect if we just let him and his elitist ruling class make every decision for us, 100% of the time. He's what a proper liberal is when they lack any semblance of self-awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss
    I'd be surprised if Bloomberg gets the nomination. Moderate Dems have to choose between Mike, Joe, Pete, and Amy.
    I'll make it easier for you: Pete isn't moderate, Mike isn't really a democrat, and Joe is dead but hasn't yet realized it.

Site Supporter
    I wonder if Bloomberg did win (blah), and put forth a strong antigun agenda - total confiscatory AWB, no grandfathering (choose your nightmare) if that would get these wonderful conservative judges and justices off their butts to actual take and decide strongly in favor of the 2nd Amend.

We know that Congress is useless to protect gun rights as it has mixed control, won't do anything about the filibuster blocking movement, wanting to keep the issue unsolved for funding raising (guns under threat, send a check).

I said before, that if Trump was re-elected and had a GOP House and Senate, would there be legislative movement. I doubt it. They would claim the filibuster blocks them (with no attempt to work around it) and if they had a filibuster proof majority (won't happen), they would find something else futz around with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Not that I have any love for Bloomberg, but it's important to remember that the president is largely powerless to enact gun control legislation behind his or her role as party whip. Given that Obama didn't get any new gun control legislation through with a solid blue house and senate I am not really worried about what the winner of the 2020 presidential election will do to the 2nd amendment.
    Only for two years, and he was mega focused on Healthcare and didn't want anything distracting from that.

I am MUCH more concerned about gun control at the state level. If you haven't been paying attention, we've been getting our asses kicked in this arena for the last 15 years. Don't think it won't happen to your state, either. See: Virginia.
    Agreed. Vermont was also shocking, given it being the original constitutional carry state.

edit: Handily beaten by previous posts.
    The problem is Bloomberg will be whipping it at the federal and funding it at the state level out of his personal funds. Fuck that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

User Tag List