Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Why P320 is so popular outside of pistol-forum

Site Supporter
    I would bet we have some “Closet” P320 shooters on the forum. Shooting a Sig 320 is like riding a moped, it’s fun until your friends or forum members see you.😜🤣

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    It's also worth noting that the 320 is being marketed aggressively.

And part of that is selling them cheap. The ability to roll in to a police department and present a package of a pistol and an optic for what just a Glock will cost is going to attract buyers.
    Isn't that sorta how Glock unseated their competitors?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Part of the genius of a Glock is that, at least according to TLG, a retarded monkey can perform a detailed disassembly and reassembly. The components are durable and easy to put together-pretty much anywhere, in any environment.

SIG's genius is that the realization that a huge majority of sellers are simply never going to have a need or desire to take things down beyond the field-stripping level. Instead, they concentrated on easily replaceable/substitutable/swappable components that resonated with the actual users.

I suspect the detailed disassembly/reassembly of the P320 FCU would at least provide a momentary challenge to an HK armorer. So as long as they work, most simply either don't care, or are organizationally forbidden (probably eminently wisely in most cases) to take things down beyond field-stripping.

Which platform will be my choice for a deep woods extended hike or hunting trip? Likely a Glock. Which one will I choose for daily urban EDC? My acceptable choices obviously widen-and to date I'm very comfortable in carrying my P320 RX in it's current X Carry guise.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 02-11-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    They just need a rear sight with the notch offset.
    Already exists, Heinie has you covered. Never had a centered notch from them. When I pointed that out to them, I was informed it was due to Glocks typically shooting left. The CS rep didn't know how to respond to the fact that it was on an HK sight.....
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    I would bet we have some “Closet” P320 shooters on the forum. Shooting a Sig 320 is like riding a moped, it’s fun until your friends or forum members see you.😜🤣
    Oh, I’ll come right out and say I currently own a 320 X-Carry and actually shoot the damn thing as good as I can any other striker fired 9. I just went into it with my eyes wide open and I’m not currently using it in any capacity besides range use. That may change someday or I may sell it. Jury is out.

I don’t begrudge someone from saying Fuck SIG, I will not buy from them. I don’t begrudge the folks that have one and love it either.

When the P320 was still pretty new, I traded a Gen3 G19 for a full-size P320 9mm when I gave up on getting my hands to grip the Gen3 correctly. The Gen3 was just a tad bit too big. Accuracy with the P320 was very easy for me and I think its mainly the trigger. The trigger is pretty much a single action trigger travel disguised as a double action only. I think this is part of the draw for P320 fans, its a really short crisp trigger for a striker fired gun in my opinion. In addition, the Sig Sauer name, being adopted by military and Leo,and the economical pricing are probably very appealing reasons to consumers who don't want to try out as many different guns as he/she can.

That being said, I haven't touched my P320 in years, and I am now all about the DA/SA platform, specifically the PX4. My preferred striker is my Gen4 G19/26.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    I suspect the detailed disassembly/reassembly of the P320 FCU would at least provide a momentary challenge to an HK armorer.
    Having built a P320 from a bag of parts, I report that the lower FCU in the chassis is not too difficult. The only less then obvious part was how to hold the little coil spring with needle-nose pliers. The real challenge lies in the striker group, which has extremely small parts. We're talking down to 3mm long and 0.5 mm wide small. To begin with, your work area must not have any crevices into which these parts can escape.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    left syndrome with Glocks is **not** simply a function of jerking the trigger
    QfT

The sig hate mob mentality goes mainly to the demographic change this forum has seen in the past 3-4 years, this place used to be small, very small in membership numbers, and those numbers were comprised I'd guess of about 85% professional users, LE, national and regional level competitors, industry insiders and seasoned instructors.
    That has flipped, maybe not fully the other way but around 75% of todays PF membership is civilian hobbyists looking for and sharing EDC information on today's pistols, and we know how powerful the mob mentality can be in forums, if you dont pile on the sig hate threads with your own licks, your not gonna be one of the cool kids, even worse if you come out as a sig defender.

But out there in the real world the actual P320 story is very different, rolled out fully in 2015 what it has accomplished in just 5 years in the professional end user market is really extraordinary, M17-18 became the standard across all 4 services after the most stringent selection process ever undertaken, in the LE market the P320 has taken back over 30% of glocks market share and that number grows by the day, and when you start talking to any professional end user about how the pistols have been received the answers are always extremely positive.
    Now the aftermarket has finally gotten on board with the platform and will make it possible to really tailor the pistol to exactly what you want, which will result in an even bigger share of the commercial market, there's a reason why the whole drop sham was only ever embraced and gaslighted by the commercial side, considering an entire cottage industry has been established for the sole purpose of building "gucci glocks", but on the professional side few even know or care.

Bottom line, keep on hatin if it makes you happy, dont trust them, dont buy them, at the end of the day it has zero effect on the success of the P320.
    Last edited by CanineCombatives; 02-11-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CanineCombatives View Post
    ... M17-18 became the standard across all 4 services after the most stringent selection process ever undertaken...
    That's quite overstated.

User Tag List