Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamlight To Introduce New Switching Option TLR-7 & 8 Lights

Name:  06998C05-1034-417E-9B28-025D440EF999.jpeg
Views: 3889
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  7E346104-F931-482F-9620-A7900CA54B2D.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  61.9 KB

New duty pistol. Nightsticks are issued but we are having failures with them so I’m running the TLR7 A for 2020.
    Last edited by lwt16; 12-14-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Name:  06998C05-1034-417E-9B28-025D440EF999.jpeg
Views: 3889
Size:  93.1 KB

Name:  7E346104-F931-482F-9620-A7900CA54B2D.jpg
Views: 1585
Size:  61.9 KB

New duty pistol. Nightsticks are issued but we are having failures with them so I’m running the TLR7 A for 2020.
    Fml. I just bought a nightstick on sale, totally forgot the tlr7a was coming out this soon. My tlr7 worked perfect but the stubby switches were not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Fml. I just bought a nightstick on sale, totally forgot the tlr7a was coming out this soon. My tlr7 worked perfect but the stubby switches were not for me.

I actually like the original switches just fine for 2 handed shooting. I went with the new one for the ability to activate the light one handed, I can't quite reach the original switch with my trigger finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I actually like the original switches just fine for 2 handed shooting. I went with the new one for the ability to activate the light one handed, I can't quite reach the original switch with my trigger finger.
    Have to be able to activate with single hand for me. Only reason I let it go.

Don’t over tighten the Nightstick. We’re having issues with it torquing past the lock out notches and not being able to back the heads back off.

The ones I’ve seen do that render the light dead and unable to budge the assembly back off.

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Don’t over tighten the Nightstick. We’re having issues with it torquing past the lock out notches and not being able to back the heads back off.

The ones I’ve seen do that render the light dead and unable to budge the assembly back off.
    So are the failures user induced or also crapping out unrelated to mounting? Thanks for the info!

Have to be able to activate with single hand for me. Only reason I let it go.

I have my ideas as to why/when a WML is necessary, and how best they can be used, but I’m also very interested in situations that I may not have considered. What situations do you all (several posts have indicated the desire for this) envision for the necessity of single-hand operation of the WML?

Thanks for your time!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDep View Post
    I have my ideas as to why/when a WML is necessary, and how best they can be used, but I’m also very interested in situations that I may not have considered. What situations do you all (several posts have indicated the desire for this) envision for the necessity of single-hand operation of the WML?

Thanks for your time!
    My left hand is often occupied with my toddler or dog leashes.

So are the failures user induced or also crapping out unrelated to mounting? Thanks for the info!
    It's looking like there is an issue with the threads on the flashlight body itself where the LED pill assembly screws in. The ones that have locked up (and I am estimating 5 percent of the lights issued) are locked up hard....to where channel locks can't back the lens assembly off the body. I watched one of the range instructors demonstrate the flashlight battery installation and when he went to activate the light, it was dead as a hammer. Then, we couldn't get the thing to come apart to see what the issue was.

Yesterday when I was qualifying, the range officer out there (different officer) was showing his off and then when he went to turn the bezel from lock out to "on" mode, the bezel dot indicator went well past the "on" slot and then he couldn't get his to budge back either. I handed him my Leatherman Surge and he wrapped a towel around it and finally got it off but then it wouldn't work.

Even though I swapped my personal TLR7A for the Nightstick I still plan on having it as a back up light should my TLR go out. While I am not a huge "strobe" dude, I know that others here are and when they found out my TLR7A had a strobe mode they whined and moaned about the department's decision to go with the Nightstick. We were SUPER happy with the TLR 1 HL and other than a couple of Simunition destroyed copies, we had no failures with them. Since we got to keep our TLR 1 HLs, several of the guys have kept their old duty holsters and are carrying the G45 with the TLR 1 HL because the light was so loved here.

One thing you might consider is putting a bit of Superlube grease on the threads to try to prevent it from seizing up. I do that with all my flashlights (for years) and I haven't had a thread failure yet across several brands and models (Surefire, Streamlight, 4Sevens, Fenix, Maratac, etc). It takes a minute amount and the stuff is cheap.

We will see how the Nightsticks fare here. There is already talk of putting the TLR7A on the next uniform allowance (we contract with GT distributors) and letting officers buy them out of their yearly uniform cash. Just about my entire squad bought one from LApolicegear when I found them in stock at a good price. So six or seven of those that were in stock are here with us now. So far, we love them.

The TLR7A does have a yellowish tint to it.....almost a high CRI led pill.....but mine seems brighter than the Nightstick. My son confirmed that it seemed brighter to him too. But just a tad.

Regards.
    Last edited by lwt16; 12-15-2019 at 09:18 AM.

What duty holster are you using, and is it TLR7/nightstick specific? The thing I’ve always hated about the TLR1/x300 lights is the width creates a gap around the trigger guard when holstered. If possible, a picture or two of the holstered rig would be greatly appreciated.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List