Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I haven't used the pants you linked to, and they look nice. I used to have a professional agreement with MK, but I've stopped using them because they all shrank really badly, and the "triple stitched" hems wore out very quickly. Same with some expensive tops I had from them. They pilled fast, and got holes pretty easily. I know others love their stuff, so it is what it is.
    I was a massive MK fanboy, and have at least half a dozen pairs of khakis from them, and had no issue with the shrinkage some have reported,my hen out of nowhere it happened to me too! While I'd love to chalk it up to me just getting doughy, not only is the waist tighter but the legs are substantially shorter too.

Now I'm looking for work khakis that are no-iron and stretch. I guess,meaning turned 41 last year, I'm finally buying old man pants.

If you're not talking about cargos let me know what you find for work. I need them too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    I find Prana and Kuhl as a little too flimsy when it comes to putting some weight on them. I have a couple of each (yes, I have pants problems). Maybe I need to relook them again in the next few weeks.
    Get the heavier weight pants from Kühl. They make up to 12 or 13 oz. fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    If you buy Dickies brand try them in first and buy big. I've bought a couple pair and they end up being really small in the waist and fit tight in the seat and thighs for me.

Yeah, never understood how far off they could be, it's always been a good 4" jump for me.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

If you're not talking about cargos let me know what you find for work. I need them too.

Yeah, no cargos for work for me. All office geek with occasional construction site visits.

I'm ordering these today. Tried on the non-stretch last week and fit well enough for me to give them a sh

Reviewer of the Tools
    I'm a big fan of the offerings from Arborwear. They are a higher performance work pant if there is such a thing. The quality on all their garments is phenomenal and all the pants have a gusset. Basically they are to Carhartt what Vert'x is to 5.11.

I find the best prices on them from prime or occasionally from Bailey's online when they have sales.

The carpenter style pants are tough and have a much nicer cut. Almost like am athletic cut. Also, as a fun added bonus the tool pocket in the right side of most of the pants is basically made to fit a Strider SMF.
    Last edited by Whiskey_Bravo; 01-19-2016 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Yeah, no cargos for work for me. All office geek with occasional construction site visits.

I'm ordering these today. Tried on the non-stretch last week and fit well enough for me to give them a sh
    Looks like a possibility. I have a really difficult time finding pants for work that fit, are comfortable, and durable. Dockers are the standard here but their fit and durability are hit and miss.

Sorry for the thread drift.

“If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Just had to add that this thread appears to be growing legs.

Someone asked further back about Riggs and AIWB placement in relation to belt loops. I'm using a JM Custom AWIB with the soft loops centered around the 1-o'clock loop. It's working fine. If I determine I want something different I have moved the 3-o'clock loop on Riggs in the past for a OWB holster.
    Last edited by JohnO; 01-19-2016 at 12:49 PM.

I've recently got on the Duluth band wagon. The lighter fire hose flex pants are my favorite and seem to be very versatile.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter

I find the 5.11 "Covert 2.0 Khaki" to be the neatest looking option that also includes extra pocket space that is not a visible cargo pocket. I also like the Tru - Spec lightweight classic 24-7 pant, but the cut is not quite as neat and professional looking, plus the wide belt loop might slightly impact aiwb placement. Note having extra pocket space that is not a cargo pocket, and a neat appearance, are the 2 big criteria for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Just had to add that this thread appears to be growing legs.

Someone asked further back about Riggs and AIWB placement in relation to belt loops. I'm using a JM Custom AWIB with the soft loops centered around the 1-o'clock loop. It's working fine. If I determine I want something different I have moved the 3-o'clock loop on Riggs in the past for a OWB holster.
    Thanks

I use the clip on my JMCK AIWB and it looked like that loop would be right in the way.

Thanks for the info.

User Tag List