Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Snub interview

I really enjoyed that podcast. thumbs up.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Good show

I watched about 3hrs last night, lots of good stuff guys. On the above lock question S&W offers a no lock option on their current centennial line.

Preach, @Dagga Boy. You're one of a few people that can link the hard won lessons of the past to current reality.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Well, it does serve a purpose. Riding it while reholstering is a valid reason.
    getting the gun out and ready to fire or firing, or firing from within a pocket, is a greater concern for why i carry a snubby in the first place than to be concerned about holstering after a situation. internal hammers are just safer and more efficient than external hammers for a snubby's designed function. i was totally in the external hammer camp until i really studied the "why" of a snubnose, and how it fits into my defensive requirements. recommended reading is "the snubby revolver" by ed lovette.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Well, it does serve a purpose. Riding it while reholstering is a valid reason.
    A tricked out trigger on a J frame is still 10lbs. I’ll have to quote Chuck Haggard:

Revolvers are far less of an issue for safe reholstering due to the fact the trigger has to come back AND the cylinder has to spin before it can go bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Pending a full listen, anyone have a highlight reel, cliff notes, or particular points of interest on the timeline?
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    I understand the desire to ride the hammer (I used 649 during a Keepers AIWB Skills Class for that reason) but realistically one can usually look the gun into the holster. Of course you want to remove a pocket holster to reinsert the pistol so it isn’t an issue. If you are carry SOB or another method you can’t look the gun in I suppose you just have to be careful and feel for resistance.

All that said under stress it would be very easy to jam a revolver in a holster hard enough to overcome a 10 lb trigger. I’d have to look through older threads but there have been posts by SMEs (or at least well respected experts) on this forum defending having the ability to cock a self defense revolver so it isn’t as cut and dry as “hammers bad”.
    Last edited by sharps54; 06-09-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    A tricked out trigger on a J frame is still 10lbs. I’ll have to quote Chuck Haggard:

Revolvers are far less of an issue for safe reholstering due to the fact the trigger has to come back AND the cylinder has to spin before it can go bang.
    Of all the "shot while reholstering" incidents I recorded, none were with a revolver. I can't say for sure that's because revolvers are less likely to go off, but it seems to lead in that direction. Since I don't know how many people actually carry revolvers vs semi-autos, particularly among the populations most likely to shoot themselves, I'd not feel comfortable drawing a firm conclusion based on that information alone.

I hadn't really thought of it until now, but none of the pocket carry self inflicted shots were with a revolver, either. I hadn't considered the cylinder having to spin as a possible explanation. It's relatively easy to tie one up by holding the cylinder in place, but I don't know if a pocket is generally tight enough to accomplish that.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Not just spin either. They have to spin against the friction of the holster they’re being inserted in to.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I loved the episode. I would have loved to hear about specific holster preferences. I tried pocket carry, but after having a j-frame dump out of a Mika pocket holster while I was in my car, I am a bit shy to try that method of carry again.

https://azulagunholsters.com/product...alment-holster

This is what I use. It won't dump a revolver.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List