Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking while carrying: practical realities?

Site Supporter
    My apologies. Tried to apply humor. Bottom line, alcohol and firearms don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This thread could do with a little less proselytizing.
    I’ll drink to that.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I don’t do bars or generally “go drinking”. However, if I’m having a nice dinner, I don’t have a problem with a glass of wine with my meal. I’m not going to lock my gun up over a glass of wine consumed over 1.5 hrs, as long as it’s legal.
    Well-said. This is about how I have done it, for a very long time. Once upon a time, long ago, I would go into bars occasionally, and exercise a one drink per hour, two-drink limit, with food in my belly, while carrying, which was legal due to being a peace officer, and at that time, mandated to carry in public. (This requirement to carry was changed because, of course, some folks cannot control themselves, and enough of them did stupid things.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Here is the rest:
    So Wendell...your point? Each paragraph stands on its own. (a) is complete, no question, regardless of circumstance. I teach the carry class and the state provided power point also emphasizes that tolerance is '0'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I’ll drink to that.
    Cheers!
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Drinks tend to make me sleepy, so I usually don't have one unless I'm set to shut down for the evening.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    or to leave the gun home when they intend to drink: Why not simply make the choice not to consume alcohol?
    Is there nothing that you do occasionally for enjoyment that involves not carrying a gun?

Pondering... What's the typical time delay between application of deadly force (and possibly last intake of intoxicant) and the court-ordered administration of intoxilyzer, venipuncture, or UA?
    Last edited by ST911; 03-12-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Is there nothing that you do occasionally for enjoyment that involves not carrying a gun?
    I sometimes swim for fitness, and take my kids swimming and occasionally to water parks.

I have trained in MMA.

I might take my kids to a school playground during summer vacation.

Traveling to visit family in certain states is done for enjoyment, and requires going unarmed.

All of these have some value that make them worth leaving the gun behind.

Drinking? Why is that worth leaving the gun behind?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Drinking? Why is that worth leaving the gun behind?
    You're only proving my point. The value that all but the fitness swimming and MMA have is purely enjoyment-based. The fact that you don't personally seem to enjoy occasionally consuming moderate quantities of alcohol doesn't make it an invalid thing for others to enjoy anymore than my general dislike for dealing with kids makes your spending time with yours an invalid thing for you to enjoy.

User Tag List