Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Webinar - BJJ in a Weapons Based Environment (halfguard) March 21, 2021

Webinar - BJJ in a Weapons Based Environment (halfguard) March 21, 2021

After dithering about it for the past year, I finally decided to pull the trigger and organize my first webinar.

March 21 for two hours, I will dive into looking at grappling where weapons may be present. The first one will focus on one of my personal favorites, and a particular "game" that I think has tons of applicability and efficacy for self-defense, the BJJ position known as halfguard.

It will be $50, and the class will be two hours long, with approximately 90 minutes devoted to instruction, and the last 30 minutes an open Q&A to cover anything shown previously.

I really hope this works out as well as people are telling me it will, because it would be nice to reach folks who just cannot train with me in person, and get more solid info out in to the world.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/webinar...s-136853284859
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Here is an older video (one of the first YouTube things I ever did) that gives you a flavor of what we will be working on:

Site Supporter
    Pretty awesome, Cecil. Some of those concepts I applied last week on an EDP. I didn't know I was applying them, but they worked.

Will see If I can do the webinar....

pat

On the calendar; let’s see how it goes!

11am is pretty early for a musician, but for you, I’ll gut it out.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

If I am not a BJJ practitioner, and my only reference is your IABJJ class, will I be up to speed enough to benefit from this?

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    If I am not a BJJ practitioner, and my only reference is your IABJJ class, will I be up to speed enough to benefit from this?
    Yes, I think so. One of the reasons I like halfguard is that it is slightly simpler than other guards and the key parts of it are easier to grasp and implement. So I believe it is a good gateway to jiujitsu even for a noob.

And you will see how easy it fits into the matrix I teach in IAJJ

I am really looking forward to this and getting my learn on!

Site Supporter
    If I'm not working, I am 100% in for this.

Love me some half guard.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Update : After some tutoring by my guide (thanks Tiffany! ) , I now know that this will be able to be saved and watched later by attendees. I will have a link and password to folks who sign up beforehand and they will be able to review the webinar at their leisure after.

So the wifi at the Academy went on the fritz days before the webinar so I had to reschedule to April 25th. Same link to register and al lthe same info.

The nice thing is that the location I will be at has as fast and as good a wifi that exists in AZ so we are good there, and it gave me time to upgrade the camera and mic, so the experience should be even better.

User Tag List