Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Daunte Wright shooting Brooklyn MN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s fairly mystifying why he wanted to run when pulled over for expired tags.

Attachment 70068

Attachment 70069
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/daunte-wr...er-minneapolis

Who is Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old Black man killed in officer-involved shooting in Minnesota?
    Katie Wright said her son called her as he was supposedly getting pulled over for having air fresheners hanging in his rear-view mirror

Can't say if Wright told Mom this or not but she's already trying to put it out as the narrative. However......

Authorities said the car was pulled over for having an expired registration and after determining the driver had an outstanding warrant, police said they tried to arrest him.
    Court records show Wright was being sought after failing to appear in court on charges that he fled from officers and possessed a gun without a permit during an encounter with Minneapolis police in June. In that case, a statement of probable cause said police got a call about a man waving a gun who was later identified as Wright.
    All of which explains why there were three (or more) officers on the stop.

This is exactly the reason why I had my taser set up for left hand draw/use only and made thousands of dry fire reps to make it muscle memory. I’ve never been a fan of right hand cross draw for taser and this is exactly why. Too many times in sims/fof I’ve seen ND’s with people shooting someone when they thought it was a taser.

As others have said, the city might as well start negotiations for the settlement and get it out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Wow.
    This.

Incredibly, it looks like the MPD has just landed the opportunity to pull a hat trick on the three largest wrongful death payouts in US police history.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/daunte-wr...er-minneapolis

Who is Daunte Wright, the 20-year-old Black man killed in officer-involved shooting in Minnesota?
    Katie Wright said her son called her as he was supposedly getting pulled over for having air fresheners hanging in his rear-view mirror

Can't say if Wright told Mom this or not but she's already trying to put it out as the narrative. However......

All of which explains why there were three (or more) officers on the stop.
    Mom should be arrested for her spelling mistakes.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    This.

Incredibly, it looks like the MPD has just landed the opportunity to pull a hat trick on the three largest wrongful death payouts in US police history.
    This summer is just getting started and I need to stock up on popcorn.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I wonder if this is a situation where a hardware solution might help to solve the problem? Ie not having a lethal and non-lethal tool on the person that are drawn and activated in essentially the same manner, since humans are going to human.
    Anytime you have repeated “training issues” or “pilot error” it is reasonable to look for design errors. (Serpa, for example, or controls in aircraft)

Having two actions with different intents that both include “point black gun-shaped thing at suspect, pull trigger” may not be the best idea.

We know that people get wires crossed under stress. If the brain is thinking “Taser” and there’s a pistol in the hand, you want every sense to be feeding back “Wait! Stop! Something’s not right here!”. Make it look VERY different. Make it feel VERY different. This might be a case where suboptimal ergonomics would be a functional improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This summer is just getting started and I need to stock up on popcorn.
    Wife and I went downtown to run an errand about 4:30 today.

We saw plow trucks loaded with salt heading south and west out of the Chicago loop area.

Not unusual to see salt trucks out and about in Chicago. Except it's April 12 and 60-degrees.

The reason you see plow trucks in the summer is to serve as barricades. Sometimes for good (say, control traffic around a music festival, help prevent a vehicle borne terrorist attack at same, etc). But on a Monday in April in COVID?

Yea.

We'll be keeping a weather eye out. Only upside is, it's supposed to storm this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Wife and I went downtown to run an errand about 4:30 today.

We saw plow trucks loaded with salt heading south and west out of the Chicago loop area.

Not unusual to see salt trucks out and about in Chicago. Except it's April 12 and 60-degrees.

The reason you see plow trucks in the summer is to serve as barricades. Sometimes for good (say, control traffic around a music festival, help prevent a vehicle borne terrorist attack at same, etc). But on a Monday in April in COVID?

Yea.

We'll be keeping a weather eye out. Only upside is, it's supposed to storm this evening.
    It's just an amusement to the people who don't live in the blast radius.

Coming from a guy who lives a thousand miles away in a completely different blast radius.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    It's just an amusement to the people who don't live in the blast radius.

Coming from a guy who lives a thousand miles away in a completely different blast radius.
    Yep. Just an excuse to burn, loot, and generally riot.

Honestly, I just open the safe, and leave it open when at home, and make sure the red dot is turned on on the long gun and spare mags are handy.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Anytime you have repeated “training issues” or “pilot error” it is reasonable to look for design errors. (Serpa, for example, or controls in aircraft)

Having two actions with different intents that both include “point black gun-shaped thing at suspect, pull trigger” may not be the best idea.

We know that people get wires crossed under stress. If the brain is thinking “Taser” and there’s a pistol in the hand, you want every sense to be feeding back “Wait! Stop! Something’s not right here!”. Make it look VERY different. Make it feel VERY different. This might be a case where suboptimal ergonomics would be a functional improvement.
    My 1911/2011 elitism asks how do you get more suboptimal ergonomics than a Glock?
    Seriously though, if you make the Taser worse in the hand, won't that just make it harder to use under stress? Maybe the mere existence of the Taser on the duty belt is the problem?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

User Tag List