Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Rob Pincus Anti-Gun? Let's Ask Him!

Site Supporter
    Well this is a disappointment. I thought someone tagged him to get a PF-specific response in this thread. I think I remember a few years ago Tom posting that Pincus is a member here.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Well this is a disappointment. I thought someone tagged him to get a PF-specific response in this thread. I think I remember a few years ago Tom posting that Pincus is a member here.

He is.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post

Yeah. His handle is @Rob Pincus
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yeah. His handle is @Rob Pincus
    Very clever.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I have always been on the fence about Pincus, granted I don't go out of my way to find out why I should hate him. He has made me shake my head a few times and I disagree with ma...most of his teaching philosophies. I have seen multiple news interviews with him about firearms and 2A related topics, he has always been well spoken and presented a good image. That seems to be something our "side" is in terrible short supply of over over the throngs of [south park noise] but my rightssss! [/southpark noises]

I cant speak to his training methods as I have never taken a class from him. And if I recall correctly there are a few techniques he advocates that I would not adopt for me personally, and that's the choice we all get to make. But as a person, I found him to be good to go. Back when I was a founding board member of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society we had Mr. Pincus out as a guest speaker. At his own expense he traveled to our state to speak at one of our events. After the event the board and Mr. Pincus hung out at the bar and shot some pool and chatted. He was just a normal dude to hang out with. Seemed like a regular gun guy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemas2 View Post
    ...He has made me shake my head a few times and I disagree with ma...most of his teaching philosophies. I have seen multiple news interviews with him about firearms and 2A related topics, he has always been well spoken and presented a good image. That seems to be something our "side" is in terrible short supply of over over the throngs of [south park noise] but my rightssss! [/southpark noises]
    This. He’s more well-spoken under media pressure than any 2 other 2A figures put together. There’s some things about his POI that I simply don’t agree with, but he struck me as a decent guy over lunch at PeP3. If nothing else, he’s put his money where his mouth is in terms of trying to unfuck the NRA. Mostly with little success—due to the Herculean proportions of that task—but at least he put in the effort.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

“There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
    Oscar Wilde

And just like that everyone is paying attention to Pincus.

Who?

Reminds me of my friends whose main discussion of a movie is what previous parts the actors played.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List