Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Irons and Red Generational User Question

Context

@MickAK

If you run into any trouble crossing over to dots and would like some help, I have a pretty good track record of helping iron shooters pick up dots.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/jc...#post-29942110

I helped my buddy who had failed multiple attempts to “like” dots but was a great iron shooter to appreciate the dot.

Name:  A0E82557-9D60-4A38-96EF-5E8E646565D0.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  35.8 KB

Name:  75285622-2D03-48E9-AE74-A41A137C2122.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  23.5 KB

Just shoot me a PM if I can help.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by IDontDoQuests View Post
    I don't necessarily believe that myself, because I am convinced that durability alone goes to irons, but since I've lurked these forums for years, I know the general consensus here is that red dots are superior and if you say otherwise it devolves into silly arguments of red dots vs irons pros and cons, when I just wanted to discuss more so if some users are better served with sticking with irons. Whether they are, or aren't losing anything important performance wise.
    You asked us in the first post to convince you to continue the dot life. What you got were a lot of people giving their personal accounts of why they choose one or the other.

It sounds like you have enough shooting experience to make your own decisions about what sighting system you want to use for either sport or personal protection without asking a four paragraph long question that you didn’t really need to be answered if you just had a little trust in yourself.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    @MickAK

If you run into any trouble crossing over to dots and would like some help, I have a pretty good track record of helping iron shooters pick up dots.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/jc...#post-29942110

I helped my buddy who had failed multiple attempts to “like” dots but was a great iron shooter to appreciate the dot.

Just shoot me a PM if I can help.
    I do appreciate it and you're a great addition to the forum despite your first heretical Israeli Carry thread but....

I'm already better with dots. I just hold onto my iron sights from petulance, as mentioned. My last holdout was Alaskan bush conditions would put a dot out of commission but @GJM had to be a dick about that too.

I was taught poorly on irons and I had to find my own way through hard work and the help of this forum to get good. It's satisfying to do the work and get the results with irons. That's it.

I think that goes with the theme of the thread. Do you have a reason not to switch or are you looking for a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    I was taught poorly on irons and I had to find my own way through hard work and the help of this forum to get good. It's satisfying to do the work and get the results with irons. That's it.

I think that goes with the theme of the thread. Do you have a reason not to switch or are you looking for a reason?
    I feel you. I’m the same way about manual transmissions on sports cars for enjoyment. I’ve had some sort of manual transmission daily driver sports car consistently for the last 30 years.

User Tag List