Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P224

SIG P224

Does anybody have one? Of all the current line up, this one has my attention along with the P239. The P224 has the capacity advantage where the P239 has the advantage of longevity.

We are diminished
    I'd opt 239 and probably will. Flatter gun is going to give you more option for concealment unless you're looking pocket/ankle.

I agree with Todd. Hard to beat a good single stack for concealed applications.

Having owned a P239, I couldn't justify keeping it. Just about anywhere you can conceal a P239, you can conceal a P229. It's not much lighter, either.

The only niche I can think that the 239 might be useful vs the 224 is for concealing tucked in underneath a dress shirt, where the bulge of a full-size double stack gun can be noticeable.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

We are diminished
    TGS that is precisely the one possible use I'd have for the 239.

All valid points and the 224 has me a bit nervous given the newness and recent issues with the July built guns and feed issues.

I absolutely love the 239 and carry one every day. You get the reduced capacity, but it's so slim and very easy to carry. Spare mags are flat and easy to hide also. The best part is that it shoots about as well as a 226. I think, on average, the 239 has the best trigger out of the box of the DA/SA SIGs.

One caveat about the 239; pay attention to your reload technique. Depending on hand size, it's easy to pinch your little finger if you squeeze your pinkie as you reload. The 239has a cutout in the front strap that extends above the bottom of the grip panels. You don't want you little finger to find its way in there as you seat a mag.

I handled a 224 at the local fun store and really different care for the grip.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by gtmtnbiker98 View Post
    All valid points and the 224 has me a bit nervous given the newness and recent issues with the July built guns and feed issues.
    "July built guns"? What does this mean?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I absolutely love the 239 and carry one every day. You get the reduced capacity, but it's so slim and very easy to carry. Spare mags are flat and easy to hide also. The best part is that it shoots about as well as a 226. I think, on average, the 239 has the best trigger out of the box of the DA/SA SIGs.

One caveat about the 239; pay attention to your reload technique. Depending on hand size, it's easy to pinch your little finger if you squeeze your pinkie as you reload. The 239has a cutout in the front strap that extends above the bottom of the grip panels. You don't want you little finger to find its way in there as you seat a mag.

I handled a 224 at the local fun store and really different care for the grip.

Ken
    I'm actually considering this gun as a cruiser bag gun and want it in .357 SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack View Post
    "July built guns"? What does this mean?

Thanks
    There is a bunch of P224 .40 built guns manufactured in July that have had FTF issues. We'll documented on SF.

User Tag List