Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The 6.5 Grendel, is it right for you?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Scopes for the 6.5G.

Any good scope will work, if it is suitable for your intended use. As you can see from my pics, that means NF for me. Specifically, the 2.5-10. It may be the single scope to rule them all, if I could only have one scope to do everything I want.

On the 6.5, it offers excellent low light ability and illumination for hunting. Excellent tracking for repeatable precision. Ruggedness in a reasonable weight. Good reticles that you can bias towards hunting or precision shooting. An easy to use zero stop:-)

For me, it is perfect for the purpose, but other scopes are fine as well. Just depends on what you want to be able to do. The NF allows me to do anything I want with the G, which is how it should be.
    SLG, what scope mount are you using on your 6.5 Grendel?

Quote Originally Posted by RichY View Post
    SLG, what scope mount are you using on your 6.5 Grendel?
    A NF Unimount.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    A NF Unimount.
    Thanks!

Great observations. I have really enjoyed my introduction to 6.5mm projectiles with the purchase of a Creedmoor.

Currently investigating the possibility of assembling a Grendel upper for all the reasons above: it will make a great CHEAP way to shoot paper targets out past 600 yards, and replace my 6.8 for intermediate range deer hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://secure.wf-api.com/www.precis...ne-el-v-i.html

This is a great hunting upper. PF (nice initials!) is having a 10% off sale before SHOT, so if you want one, this seems like a good time. Lots of other choices as well.

Thanks for this thread. I've just started researching the 6.5G after being slightly frustrated with the weight of my tOBR. Seems like a no brainer to swap a barrel into one of my 5.56 guns and have better performance than my 308 at a fraction of the weight.

Atho that PF upper is a few pennies more than a build would be without any of the work..hmm.

Fyi- just saw that Federal announced they will be selling a 120gr 6.5 Grendel Fusion(gold dot) load in 2017. No word on BC for it.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Fyi- just saw that Federal announced they will be selling a 120gr 6.5 Grendel Fusion(gold dot) load in 2017. No word on BC for it.
    Ummm thanks for making it harder to say no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I'm very excited to try that new gold dot ammo out. It will likely keep me from having to load ttsx for a while.

I too am excited about the 6.5G Gold Dot/Fusion load...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List