Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things to think about besides triggers, sights, and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I would say not to rely on the auto lock. My wife's car has to start moving before they lock automatically.
    I was referring to the UN-locking that happens when the gear selector is moved to “P.” We need to be ready to immediately RE-lock, manually.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I was referring to the UN-locking that happens when the gear selector is moved to “P.” We need to be ready to immediately RE-lock, manually.
    I recall John Corriea mentioning in one of his Active Self Protection videos that most cars have a way of deactivating that automatic functionality.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I recall John Corriea mentioning in one of his Active Self Protection videos that most cars have a way of deactivating that automatic functionality.
    That would be a good thing to research.

OTOH, those of use who use rentals, or employers’ vehicles, probably should maintain the awareness of the auto-lock/unlock.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

So within the context of the OP's thread title....

Apparently waste band or sweatpants holsters are a bad idea? Seems like going for a roll is a great way to lose a gun with this set up. Or your option is to go gun early so you don't lose it.

Should concealed holsters have some type of retention even if the holster stays put so does the gat?

If you lived in an area due to politics or laws that shooting that suspect if he charged would be a bad idea ....what do you do with the gun during the charge?

should we all have some type of hoodie that can be converted into an emergency holster/backpack? Or did I just succumb to marketing? (Sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Couple things that stuck out to me:

1. Training: He said he had 4 months of training martial arts. In BJJ, that's not a lot of time. You can train for 4 months and still get your ass whipped by a guy who is bigger and stronger. A fight is a "come as you are" event. The skills you have and the equipment you have
    It's also worthy of noting having your gun for a burrito run matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    So within the context of the OP's thread title....

Apparently waste band or sweatpants holsters are a bad idea? Seems like going for a roll is a great way to lose a gun with this set up. Or your option is to go gun early so you don't lose it.

Should concealed holsters have some type of retention even if the holster stays put so does the gat?

If you lived in an area due to politics or laws that shooting that suspect if he charged would be a bad idea ....what do you do with the gun during the charge?

should we all have some type of hoodie that can be converted into an emergency holster/backpack? Or did I just succumb to marketing? (Sarcasm)
    Choosing a quality holster with proven attachment should significantly mitigate the issue. Nothing is fool proof, but a good belt with a good holster makes losing your gun bucket harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    It's also worthy of noting having your gun for a burrito run matters.

Choosing a quality holster with proven attachment should significantly mitigate the issue. Nothing is fool proof, but a good belt with a good holster makes losing your gun bucket harder.
    Not being sarcastic but....Duh!

I ask these questions because many here carry in their gym shorts around the house or to the store or walking the dog or at the gym. Even some SMEs said this. Seems like it negates the ability to go hands-on.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Not being sarcastic but....Duh!

I ask these questions because many here carry in their gym shorts around the house or to the store or walking the dog or at the gym. Even some SMEs said this. Seems like it negates the ability to go hands-on.
    I misunderstood what you were driving at. You mean specifically with gym shorts and similar elastic waste apparel? That doesn't apply to me but I'd like to hear SME take on that too. I suspect the new Phlster option to get mentioned though.

That would be a good thing to research.

OTOH, those of use who use rentals, or employers’ vehicles, probably should maintain the awareness of the auto-lock/unlock.
    My wife's car is a 6-spd, so it doesn't unlock automatically. Your point about awareness is spot on. If you can program it to work the way you want do, otherwise, make overriding a habit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

This might be fodder for it's own thread, but what vehicles have this bug... I mean, "feature"?
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

My perspective is that at some point you've got to live your life. Worrying about how we're carrying in gym shorts, sweatpants, wet suit, g-string, bikini, etc. becomes reduced to the absurd as we find smaller and smaller niches to obsess over.

What holster when you mow your lawn? The appropriate gear while cleaning your gutters. Which holster to run for those runs to the bathroom.

Thankfully, I only have to worry about gym shorts or sweatpants, and in those I trust my life (apparently) to the clip on my Dark Star Gear J-frame holster, or the DCC clip on the Harry's. I'm just not willing to stop living to refine and micromanage my choices more than that.

Of course, if I were Scots-Irish, I'd be kilt on da streets...no doubt about it. I think the holster makers are going to need to come out with a "plaid" line.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List