Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: OIS in Kenosha Wisconsin, civil unrest

Student
    'Illegally transferred?' Does Wisconsin have WA-style laws i.e. I-594/RCW 9.41.113?

I've seen a lot of folks from out of state borrow guns and gear for training here in Arizona. I presume it's more or less the same in the majority of non-ban states.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    'Illegally transferred?' Does Wisconsin have WA-style laws i.e. I-594/RCW 9.41.113?

I've seen a lot of folks from out of state borrow guns and gear for training here in Arizona. I presume it's more or less the same in the majority of non-ban states.
    He explains the exemptions for possession by a minor better than I (not a lawyer) did when trying to understand WI law... but it is still not clear cut.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    According to the complaint, the rifle was a S&W AR-15 model; I suspect M&P15. The registration makes no mention of the ammunition present in the weapon or the brand of optic.
    I’m not talking about the complaint. You are taking this out of context. I am aware the rifle used in the shooting was a S&W AR.

The comment I was replying to was ithjs:

Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Eeeeehhhhhh...so I take it that it was also his friends rifle in his social media pictures? I’m kinda doubtful here...
    Implying that because there were social media photos from prior dates of Rittenhouse with “an AR rifle” that it must be “the” same rifle used in the shooting.

The video of the shooting clearly shows “the” AR used in the shooting with a Sightmark brand reflex sight mounted. The AR in the prior social media photos has a different type of optic indicating it is potentially, if not likely NOT the same rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’m not talking about the complaint. You are taking this out of context. I am aware the rifle used in the shooting was a S&W AR.

The comment I was replying to was implying that because there were social media photos from prior dates of Rittenhouse with an AR rifle that it must be the same rifle used in the shooting.

The video of the shooting clearly shows the AR used in the shooting with a Sightmark brand reflex sight mounted. The AR in the prior social media photos has a different type of optic indicating it is potentially, if not likely NOT the same rifle.
    Was just throwing the make of the rifle mentioned in the complaint out there. No big deal. I am amazed by folks who can look at images like that of the guns/equipment used and get a bead on what it is. I keep up on it, but am an amateur by comparison to those who can identify equipment so easily based off of a few blurry photos.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Was just throwing the make of the rifle mentioned in the complaint out there. No big deal. I am amazed by folks who can look at images like that of the guns/equipment used and get a bead on what it is. I keep up on it, but am an amateur by comparison to those who can identify equipment so easily based off of a few blurry photos.
    Name:  9C6CAC02-10DA-4D2C-A2B5-E842162823AD.jpeg
Views: 568
Size:  28.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    If antifa actually is leaderless, then yes. If it has a strong command structure with the will and the means to mete out discipline, then they'll deal with schisms and move forward.

Okie John

Do you think or believe they have a strong command structure?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    Do you think or believe they have a strong command structure?
    Yes.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Mainstream media disagree with our interpretation of events. Since they control the message, you can readily see that facts don't matter. They project their version of the truth. We make certain points. How many ignore or don't believe them? Some might concede here and there but think that cause of protestors is more important. Mix these mindsets with others' political posturing. The image is an insurmountable obstacle. I see no relief in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    To me, given that it would appear that it was a loan not a sale, the important thing in the law to focus on would be the word sporting. I think I would argue that that word is a subjugation of the 2nd. What if a circumstance existed that required many americans to go to another state to fight against something really bad? Or for example bird hunting would be ok but baby sitting my sister with a borrowed gun to protect against her paroled ex that said hes coming to cut off her head would be illegal? Sporting looks like an insert from the lib left that contend the 2nd is only for "sporting" reasons...
    The Redcoats probably didn't think the guerilla tactics of the American patriots were very sporting.

There's a certain congruence there with the need for the protections of the 2A.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List