Page 274 of 372 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3714

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

it looks like the shooter was running away from the bus and back to his SUV in the middle of the street when the officer was starting to engage. It is universally forbidden to run him over with the squad car? He an opportunity to cross over the median at the 0:29 mark to nail him but opted to cross the median near the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    It is universally forbidden to run him over with the squad car?
    No, though some department's might prohibit it. I'm not sure about the agency featured in the video. While some more "progressive" cities may be instituting policies of "proportionality", the US Supreme Court has not distinguished a difference between types of lethal force.....lethal force is lethal force is lethal force......therefore, constitutionally, if an officer (or regular joe) has justification to use lethal force, they have justification to stab, run over, shoot, hit with a rock, elbow the cranium until brain matter pops out....whatever is reasonably needed. This, as opposed to intermediate force, where the goal and mechanism is applying measured (intermediate) levels of violence that may injure but when applied with proper training, intent and technique should minimize the chances of grievous bodily injury and/or death. Hence, as opposed to lethal force, why it's important for officers to only use intermediate force options they can show training in, are consistent with PD policy in its use, etc, and why a cop hitting someone with a baton usually isn't considered lethal force but a random joe hitting someone with a baton can easily be considered lethal force (one is trained, using it beholden to a policy on its use, clear intent/articulation, etc).

Cops running people over:

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I've known a lot of people who were afraid of dogs. Some because of traumatic childhood experiences, some for no rational reason that could be explained. And some of them were cops. I'm talking total, panicked run out of the building if a dog is present fear. As someone who's been around dogs, including working dogs, for decades, nothing in that dogs body language/behavior says aggression to me. But to someone dealing with an irrational fear of animals? I guess he was seeing Cujo.
    But even if he did see cujo…. He’s a coward and has no business in a profession of arms. He should be fired and prosecuted for animal cruelty. Which is much better than what he deserves.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Police chase and shooting involving a dude shooting at a school bus his estranged wife is driving (there was also a 6yo on the bus ) There’s a failed reload by an officer at the end that looks like it’s stress/adrenaline induced.

Previously posted - see post 2707 upthread.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Previously posted - see post 2707 upthread.
    Yes it was, failure on my part there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    it looks like the shooter was running away from the bus and back to his SUV in the middle of the street when the officer was starting to engage. It is universally forbidden to run him over with the squad car? He an opportunity to cross over the median at the 0:29 mark to nail him but opted to cross the median near the bus.
    As TGS mentioned legally “deadly force is deadly force.” I don’t know if any departments that expressly forbid using a vehicle as deadly force but IME some officers associate deadly force so closely with with firearms Using other forms of deadly force doesn’t occur to them.

Just wanted to pop in and say this is my favorite thread on P-F for some years now, and I really appreciate you guys that put in the work to find these videos and post them and provide your analysis. Please carry on.

Site Supporter
    If anyone knows how to embed the video feel free.

https://funker530.com/video/nsfw-sfp...SWWhgSjZkWAdFA

SFPD Shoot And Kill Former U.S. Allied Afghan Interpreter

The San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) recently released surveillance and body camera footage regarding a critical incident that occurred on November 19th, 2021. The incident began after a tenant at the Covered Wagon Hotel contacted 9-1-1, informing police that another tenant, identified as 41-year-old Ajmal Amani, was armed with a knife and threatening people.

As indicated by the surveillance and body camera footage, officers assigned to SFPD responded to the 900 block of Folsom Street. Shortly after entering the residential hotel, officers communicated with Amani in an attempt to de-escalate the hostile situation. Unfortunately, none of these de-escalation tactics were effective. As responding officers held position along the hall; a short distance from Amani's room, Amani eventually emerged from his room, still armed with the knife. Amani charged at the officers, forcing an officer involved shooting.

Amani was provided medical aid from responding officers until medical transport arrived on the scene. He later succumbed to his injuries and was officially pronounced deceased at an area hospital.

After further researching who Amani was, Amani reportedly served as a U.S. Government contracted interpreter for the Navy SEALS, for nearly a decade in Afghanistan. Being wounded numerous times during his service, Amani sought a better life and eventually moved to the U.S. in 2014 on a visa. Reports have additionally indicated Amani struggled with severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) since his move to the U.S.

This however was not the first incident Amani encountered with the law since his move in 2014. In November of 2019, Amani reportedly crashed a woman's vehicle and used a box cutter against a city Park Ranger who responded to the incident. Because of this, Amani had faced attempted murder charges connected to the vehicle crash, however these charges were dismissed after Amani completed a mental health diversion in August.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If anyone knows how to embed the video feel free.

https://funker530.com/video/nsfw-sfp...SWWhgSjZkWAdFA

SFPD Shoot And Kill Former U.S. Allied Afghan Interpreter
    Mental health diversion erases attempted murder?!? Kalifornia is lost. They need to replace the bear on their flag with an image of a soup sandwich.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Mental health diversion erases attempted murder?!? Kalifornia is lost. They need to replace the bear on their flag with an image of a soup sandwich.
    I'm not at all defending California's ongoing experiment with de-criminalizing crime, but this particular case may not be the best representation of that trend. If the DA's office looked at the facts of the case, and decided that the suspects mental health issues were likely the proximate cause of the event, or would likely be shown to be the cause at trial, court mandated mental health treatment may have been the best outcome. Especially if they took into account his service to the US Special Operations Community.

The video of the incident that @HCM posted about is available on the official SFPD Twitter account, as well as the department website. I'm not gonna link anything or comment about the facts of this incident for reasons obvious to many here. All I will say is that training can go a long way, especially if you start with the right "raw material ". You can sharpen and polish steel, but not jello. This kid.....is steel.

User Tag List