Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: LL's revolver quest, got a WC GP100

For "hot" .38spl I like Power Pistol powder. It is similar in burn rate to Unique but burns much cleaner; I tend to use it as a replacement for Unique for that reason, particularly with revolvers that will be shot a great deal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by oregon45 View Post
    For "hot" .38spl I like Power Pistol powder. It is similar in burn rate to Unique but burns much cleaner; I tend to use it as a replacement for Unique for that reason, particularly with revolvers that will be shot a great deal.
    BE-86 is another possibility, also a burn rate similar to Unique and meters well. I haven't used it in .38 yet but it works well in 9x19 and .45 ACP. The velocities in Alliant's data are pretty close to what I've gotten from my guns.

Many of the newer Alliant powders, like BE-86 and Power Pistol, both meter better and burn cleaner than the classic powder choices.

Im almost ready to need new powders. Check out https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....75-quot-barrel
    My thread to see the velocity from my 2.75" and 4" guns.

Wish I could find some power pistol or be-86 to try.

I just ordered some .38 cases to load up from capital cartridge. Decent price on them. Ive got a ton of loaded ammo but wanted to load up another case to save. Ill probably load 6gr unique under 130gr jsp.

BE86 is Power Pistol without all the flash. Power Pistol was designed for "Comp guns" and has a lot of flash and bang in 357. Enough flash and bang that when I fire it in my Kimber K6 3" at the range. I get attention from everyone on the line. The load that I am shooting is midrange from the Speer manual for Short Barrel loads for 135 grain bullets. Power Pistol in my experience, has a lot less flash in bigger cases. In my 44 Special I shoot a 240SWC with 8.0 Power pistol, standard primer and it runs 985fps out of my Ruger Bisley 4 5/8s producing 17K psi pressure. Super accurate in especially the 44 loading and no slouch in the 38s or 357s.

Just too much flash for SD work. Get the BE86 if you can.

Site Supporter
    What about a Kimber K6S for a "carry a lot" revolver?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    What about a Kimber K6S for a "carry a lot" revolver?
    Not a gun Id want to shoot a lot. Especially with .357s

Is a 4” gun that much more uncomfortable than a 2.75” or 3” gun?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is a 4” gun that much more uncomfortable than a 2.75” or 3” gun?
    AIWB? I think a 4” carries better than a snub, myself. If the barrel gets below 3”, the gun is more likely to roll out over the belt and print. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Not a gun Id want to shoot a lot. Especially with .357s
    I didn’t find the 3” K6 to be much worse than my 3” 65-3. The slightly better ergonomics of the K6 seem to mitigate the lighter weight.

125 grainers at full power are a drag, but they suck in the 65 too, IMHO.

Neither is a GP with the cushy grip, for sure.

User Tag List