Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Drawing Attention Away From Your Concealed Carry Gun (Written by: Greg Ellifritz)

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I was on a run yesterday and encountered two odd individuals whose appearance and behavior didn't add up.

Guy#1 was walking his large dog on a short leash, wearing jeans with tucked-in plaid shirt, and a large backpack with a safe packer-type pouch prominently attached to a shoulder strap. He said "Hello, sir!" Walking stiffly 5 yards behind him was Guy#2, also wearing jeans and tucked-in plaid shirt. He didn't respond to my "Hey, how's it going?". These dudes were completely out of place in the Portland hills, where no one except annoyed LEO's say "Hello, sir!"

My top three explanations: 1) awkward LEO gay couple looking for a picnic site? 2) 40yr old LDS missionaries walking their dog? 3) psycho killers scouting for victims?
    I think you missed a clue.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Yes, and little kids grab everything, and hang on hard. Retention skills are sometimes needed.
    Good point; the shorter grip provides less for them to grab, too. I tend to tuck my elbow and crunch in... I should probably start carrying them more on my non-dominant side, though. Sometimes their knee will bump it and I get a “wtf is that look.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Black Belt View Post
    If you really want to conceal carry in the summer without being noticed wear one of those fluorescent green reflective safety vests that construction worker wear.
    LOL are you for real?

You would look like a right freak and completely out of place in about 95% of American suburbia dressed like that. You might fit in at Menards or the county dump tho.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 06-02-2019 at 01:12 PM.

My top three explanations: 1) awkward tactical gay couple looking for a picnic site? 2) 40yr old LDS missionaries walking their dog? 3) psycho killers scouting for victims?
    I'll take door #3

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    Sometimes their knee will bump it and I get a “wtf is that look.”
    First graders are the right height to take an AIWB slide to the forehead if/when they get a little physical...

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    First graders are the right height to take an AIWB slide to the forehead if/when they get a little physical...
    So is my wife, but she rarely gets physical anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Yeager did a good video on securing things in your vehicle on a budget and another one on OODA loop. Beyond that......
    I dunno, he did a pretty great video on how not to respond to a far ambush... Let's give credit where credit is due...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Hence the reason I carry strong side at home.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by GAP View Post
    As a new father, I find myself utilizing a G26 most of the time. I am very active with my children, so they are constantly pulling at me, jumping on me, and causing me to twist/bend in multiple angles. When we are at the local park, we can have 20-30 people around us at a time; they are usually not dug into their phones, as the stereotype suggests. The mothers seem particularly observant on how you interact with your kids.
    Dude, so learned this one the hard way a few days ago... I brought my 1.5 year old to a petting zoo and picked her up so she could pet some alpacas. Right as I pick her up she latches onto me shirt and drags it up with her, giving a whole busload of Canadian tourists who had just pulled up a prime view of my G43... Needless to say we were done with the alpacas and found somewhere else to be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VT1032; 06-02-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I dunno, he did a pretty great video on how not to respond to a far ambush... Let's give credit where credit is due...
    I don't care enough about Yeager to pay that much attention to him. I presume you're talking about the incident where he ran the wrong way or hid in a ditch or something and everybody said he was a coward?

Not my circus not my monkeys.

I got useful information from the videos that I mentioned other than that I don't seek him out on YouTube
    Last edited by Cypher; 06-02-2019 at 11:42 PM.

User Tag List