Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Seized gun check in

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I had almost forgotten about this thread.

Attachment 21330

It deserves so much better.

Site Supporter
    Name:  IMG_0156.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0157.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  54.8 KB

Recovered stolen from a chop shop.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-02-2017 at 06:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    A good friend of mine walked into a PD to pick up an accident report and while he was there a little ol lady walks in with her deceased husband's bring back Walther P38 in mint condition that she wanted destroyed.

He told me that the officers tried to convince her to at least sell it, they even said she could sell it to my friend; who of course said he'd buy it from her. But she refused saying she didn't want the money she just wanted them to destroy the gun. My buddy told me that there was an air of disappointment in the room as the cops dutifully wrote the receipt that would turn a piece of history into scrap metal.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 11-02-2017 at 08:16 PM.

We were doing BMV surveillance, in plain clothes, in the Eighties. The location was near a trendy night club. There had been some armed robberies in the area, too, but too sporadic to notice a trend, whereas the BMVs were almost every night. Two of our fixed-post observers saw a late-thirties B/M looking into cars, and when he approached one of our guys, who seated in an un-marked vehicle, that officer pretended to be asleep. The suspect looked long and hard at the “sleeping” officer, then moved to look into other cars. At some point, one observer noticed the suspect had a large revolver-shaped bulge under his shirt. Finally, the suspect reached into a car through an open sun roof, opened the door, and entered the car.

This BMV was occurring south of a building, and I was the nearest officer on foot, so I moved southward, toward the southeast corner of the building, in order to have hard vertical cover, and a visual. The observer, however, failed to broadcast that the suspect had started moving northeast-ward, toward the same corner I was approaching, and the suspect rounded the corner of the building right before I got there. I pivoted left, to bring my revolver to bear on target, as the suspect drew his revolver, and turned, while moving past me, but he fumbled his draw, and the largest Ruger Redhawk In The Universe clattered to the pavement. He might have considered trying to scoop-up the Rehwak, but by that time my partner was accelerating directly toward him, in a black Monte Carlo SS. My partner had seen the suspect trying to draw the weapon, and was fully intending to nail him with the car if the suspect did not step clear of the dropped weapon.

The suspect ran due east, into an over-grown vacant lot. I knew he did not go far into the vacant lot, because the long dead grass made a distinctive noise as one walked upon it. I found him almost immediately, and he did not resist. He did not mind talking, either. He admitted that he had been thinking about pulling the gun, and robbing the “sleeping” officer. We then knew that we not only had a car burglar, but the armed robber, in one capture.

Interestingly, this suspect had been arrested as a juvenile, for murdering the neighborhood ice cream man, and had been released in his late thirties, a few months before we caught him. In hindsight, we should have arrested him for UCW, rather than waiting for him to burglarize a vehicle, but BMV was a felony at that time, and we wanted that felony. Of course, a convicted felon possessing a firearm would have been a felony arrest, but until we detained him, we did not know his criminal history. (Mere UCW, absent other factors, was a misdemeanor.)

The suspect’s revolver? A 5.5” stainless steel Ruger Redhawk, in the rare chambering of .357 Magnum.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-05-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Site Supporter
    I agree that leaving guns left in vehicles is a poor idea.

I just had to share this one.

Attachment 26517
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

A few weeks ago a local resident reported finding a Ruger 22 pistol wrapped in a bandana in his garden. It was a 1976 production Standard Auto that unfortunately wasn't entered into NCIC.

Last weekend we took a MAC10 clone and a pistol from a felon.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I just had to share this one.
    What exactly am I looking at there? Kinda looks like some enterprising soul did a really poor job of cutting their own threading into a G17 barrel and then stuck said barrel in a G19. Am I even close?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    What exactly am I looking at there? Kinda looks like some enterprising soul did a really poor job of cutting their own threading into a G17 barrel and then stuck said barrel in a G19. Am I even close?

More like welded threads on the end of a barrel.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  IMG_0156.jpg
Views: 1452
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0157.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  54.8 KB

Recovered stolen from a chop shop.
    Any chance of the owner getting it back?

User Tag List