Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Protests at a LEO's home.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That's some b.s. right there. The locals should sweep up and charge all of them.
    What would you charge them with? To be clear that's a question not criticism.

Student
    This also took place in Colorado, though probably in a different neighborhood.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nulluser1...85085421625345

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    It’s also noteworthy that this is open carry.

THIS is NOT open carry. It is a threat. We need to start treating it as such.
    This looks like a gun battle about to happen. People with rifles stopping people in cars gets you Austin dead guy with rifle pretty quick.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    In my state, likely Intimidation would be the most applicable charge, fact dependent.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    In my state, likely Intimidation would be the most applicable charge, fact dependent.
    Interesting. I did not know that was a charge. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    How about this (Colorado Revised Code):

§ 18-3-206. Menacing

(1) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by any threat or physical action, he or she knowingly places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury. Menacing is a class 3 misdemeanor, but, it is a class 5 felony if committed:

(a) By the use of a deadly weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to cause a person to reasonably believe that the article is a deadly weapon; or

(b) By the person representing verbally or otherwise that he or she is armed with a deadly weapon.

(Not a lawyer - just know how to read)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Interesting. I did not know that was a charge. Thanks!
    . (a) A person who communicates a threat to another person, with the intent:

(1) that the other person engage in conduct against the other person's will;

(2) that the other person be placed in fear of retaliation for a prior lawful act;  or

(3) of:

(A) causing:

(i) a dwelling, a building, or other structure;  or

(ii) a vehicle;

to be evacuated;  or

(B) interfering with the occupancy of:

(i) a dwelling, building, or other structure;  or

(ii) a vehicle;

commits intimidation, a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) However, the offense is a:

(1) Level 6 felony if:

(A) the threat is to commit a forcible felony;

(B) the person to whom the threat is communicated:

(i) is a law enforcement officer;

(ii) is a witness (or the spouse or child of a witness) in any pending criminal proceeding against the person making the threat;

(iii) is an employee of a school or school corporation;

(iv) is a community policing volunteer;

(v) is an employee of a court;

(vi) is an employee of a probation department;

(vii) is an employee of a community corrections program;

(viii) is an employee of a hospital, church, or religious organization;  or

(ix) is a person that owns a building or structure that is open to the public or is an employee of the person;

and, except as provided in item (ii), the threat is communicated to the person because of the occupation, profession, employment status, or ownership status of the person as described in items (i) through (ix) or based on an act taken by the person within the scope of the occupation, profession, employment status, or ownership status of the person;

(C) the person has a prior unrelated conviction for an offense under this section concerning the same victim;  or

(D) the threat is communicated using property, including electronic equipment or systems, of a school corporation or other governmental entity;  and

(2) Level 5 felony if:

(A) while committing it, the person draws or uses a deadly weapon;  or

(B) the person to whom the threat is communicated:

(i) is a judge or bailiff of any court;  or

(ii) is a prosecuting attorney or a deputy prosecuting attorney.

(c) “Communicates” includes posting a message electronically, including on a social networking web site (as defined in IC 35-31.5-2-307 ).

(d) “Threat” means an expression, by words or action, of an intention to:

(1) unlawfully injure the person threatened or another person, or damage property;

(2) unlawfully subject a person to physical confinement or restraint;

(3) commit a crime;

(4) unlawfully withhold official action, or cause such withholding;

(5) unlawfully withhold testimony or information with respect to another person's legal claim or defense, except for a reasonable claim for witness fees or expenses;

(6) expose the person threatened to hatred, contempt, disgrace, or ridicule;

(7) falsely harm the credit or business reputation of the person threatened;  or

(8) cause the evacuation of a dwelling, a building, another structure, or a vehicle.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

If a group of people surround your occupied vehicle, and do not allow you to leave (unless you run them over with your car, which to me means, they aren’t allowing you to leave),

And if several people within this group are armed and have guns in a ready position facing your direction, within a distance of operational range that the weapons can effectively kill or cause grave bodily injury to you,

How is this any different than armed kidnapping?

In a mob scenario, it’s been ruled upon by courts that each individual of the mob is responsible and even if only one member has a gun, a defender may use lethal force against all members of the mob.

If a mob of people are kidnapping you, several of which are armed, is it not legally justified to shoot all of them?

I agree with above posters, this won’t end well for anyone. I certainly don’t want to be on the news for shooting twenty peaceful protesters. But on the face of it, it seems like lethal force is justified against everyone blocking his car in.

On a side note, why does it seem like so many of the dead black males martyred in this movement being gunned down by police have a history of armed robbery?

On a second side note, this makes a case for multiple dashboard cams on various angles. Plow through the crowd to get to safety, go into hiding, have your attorney share the video with police.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    That image just raises my blood pressure more every time I see it.
    This

Site Supporter
    In TX?

Disorderly Conduct
    Harassment
    Blocking highway / passageway
    Assault by threat
    Deadly conduct

User Tag List