Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: All things four wheel drive thread. Pics/Videos

It is nice to see Old Blue when you come up from a steep climb and it is windy and cold!

Site Supporter
    Different kind of 4x4 pic. Goes with the territory of a 24yo vehicle I suppose. It's not structural. I have some more rust clean up to do though.

Name:  IMG_20201222_122857268.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  44.0 KB

Chris

2019 I was able to spend 10 days exploring WY via the most remote NF roads I could find across the state, as I hate tourist places. I think I could spend years doing that and never get to all the places I wanted to see there. I hope to do the same in late summer 2021 for Eastern ID and parts of MT. I am hoping to get some FR route suggestions from Lost River and some of you other ID/MT peeps before I launch next year. It seems to be just as beautiful as the WY rockies.

A loop through the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (WY) into ID, through the Tetons, to see Craters of the Moon, up the Pahsimero Valley (Elmer Keith area, and lots of neat back country) to Salmon ID, over towards Missoula, stopping to check out the Big Hole Valley MT before you get there, then down the Gallatin Range and exploring all along the way would be a pretty stellar trip.

Big Hole Valley:

and the bar in Wisdom MT that is there:

Double Springs Pass that takes you over to the Pahsimeroi :

Yep, you might see some nice scenery!

Hoosier Pass a few years ago. The car is setting at 12,100.

Name:  E45C2D37-6503-4F46-AD1E-01C1FF833C07.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  96.6 KB

Name:  23B6175B-E8CF-4F46-9A18-3C4B213DCD27.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  46.5 KB

Name:  D02E4A7C-135B-4570-8BF8-E903BE0AB572.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  53.3 KB
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    A loop through the Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (WY) into ID...
    Thank you, you gave me enough guidance to spend the rest of the winter making plots on google maps. At least I know the first 50 miles of that very well, starting up 296 and launching from Cody, and I wanted to loop a trip to Sunlight Basin back into this some way some how....

As I look at the FR opportunities on that route I could do a lot of interesting stuff!

I have never been a Nissan fan, but always liked the Xterras. Got a deal I couldn't pass up on this one today. With current events, it will probably take a little bit to get it plated. Looking forward to testing out the electronic locking diff.
    It came with a nice front bumper and a sturdy winch. More pix to follow when I can get it out. This one will likely go to my oldest daughter, but I am going to use it to teach both girls how to drive a standard transmission first. Then I will probably have to put a clutch in it. Lol.

Name:  IMG_4805.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  76.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

Post-ride stop at a country store for cider and snacks:
    Attachment 64593
    Shaffers?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by randyho View Post
    Shaffers?
    Huh?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Huh?
    That looks like Shaffer's parking lot which is nearby. Their carry out is wildly above average.

User Tag List