Page 20 of 232 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot today?

Took my mom to the range, she's never even fired a gun before. She might have had a better time with a better intructor but at least she tried it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    210 plus rounds from the Elite LTT at a speed steel match today.

I took the bolt guns to the 1000 yard range today. With winds between 10 and 15MPH, it made it interesting. You know it's going to be a tough day, even for the 6x47 Lapua, when you are holding 2.6 mils (78 inches) for wind at 845 yards. It was still better than work

6x47L
    Name:  6X47Lbravo.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  57.6 KB

Attachment 39890
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Practiced with my carry G-19 and some new reduced loads that I have been working up to help with the arthritic hands and wrists. 3.8 gr HP38 and 124 gr FMJ gives an average of 1001 FPS and a surprising SD of 6. Better SD than my normal load of 4.5 gr HP-38 and the same bullet at 1107 FPS.

The light load is noticeably lighter but not so much that it changed how I shoot my drills. I mixed in the new load, old load and my carry ammo (got to refresh it periodically) and It shot pretty much the same WRT splits and transitions. Gonna stick with it for practice and maybe back with the old load for IDPA. This new load is 124.87 power factor and IDPA needs 125.

I have been able to shoot 3 of the last 4 days, practice at my club on the 4th, took my boss, visiting from Australia, to a local indoor range for an hour of fam fire with various pistols and rifles on the 5th and had a great practice today. If this pace keeps up, I will be a happy camper.

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

I ran one of my G19s at an indoor range and focused on distance shooting. 15, 20 and 25 yards - 200 rounds.

I did OK, but I’m trying to work on the things I’m not as good at doing. Another way of saying focusing on my weak points.

I wear .75 magnifying lenses to give me a sharp front sight, and that means a B8 is a fuzzy blob at 25 yards. Gotta talk to my eye doc about some real shooting glasses.
    Last edited by Greg; 07-08-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Sight alignment verification

Left target:
    HK P30 v1 9mm
    124gr Gold Dot +p
    10-8 .140 RS
    Dawson Tritium .125 wide .170 tall FS
    50 yards standing unsupported
    3 rounds 3.05" - holding on x

Right target:
    USP 9 v7 hybrid match LEM
    Sellier and Bellot 124
    Novak .125w RS
    .200 tall x .140 wide FS
    25 yards standing unsupported
    3 rounds .405"
    Need a higher front sight from Dawson (+.036), my hold point was actually the bottom edge of the paper

Name:  20190711_142007.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  46.6 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Broke out the summer gun. Realized I hadn’t shot or carried it in a while, and summer is half over.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Today (like most days) was a 1911 day.

Took home a division win at a local outlaw steel match only to lose by a second or two to the top open shooter. The rimfire shooters trounced everyone, as they tend to.

Urge to buy a Ruger 22/45 is rising....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

This thing just doesn't like Winchester Forged. I know it's crap ammo but all my other guns will run it. I changed the extractor, extractor spring and recoil spring and still had failures to extract.

My Tac-sol Glock .22 conversion was having lots of light strikes. I ordered a maintence kit that included a striker spring which fixed that but now I'm getting feeding issues. The M&P15-22 isn't locking open on the last round. Otherwise it works great.

Dialed in the KNS adjustable piston on the M92. I think I have the setup on this thing figured out.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Shot a USPSA match today. CO w my P07.

Name:  880601EF-312F-438F-847D-7FFBDF4685FD.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  73.8 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List