Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tactical Cargo Pants

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Any good online sources that offer these things at lower prices?
    They will probably have a sale over the 4th.

much appreciated.

One other question for those that have been wearing them...

The waists seem to be a known issue re: sizing from everywhere I look, and the pair I have are a 36 with no room to IWB when I typically wear a 34.

so the new pair of shorts are easy, I just get the 36, and the pants waist size I'm going to assume will match, but do they have the same issue (running small) in the length as well? In other words, if I usually wear a 32" inseam, should I size up to a 34"?
    The inseam length was never an issue for me but the waist definitely needs to be ordered at least one size up. Not sure about the shorts.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

+1 to the Vertx shorts they are pretty versatile and clean enough to not look overly tactical. I wear mine pretty much anywhere, the gym, beach or casual dinner. Do order a size up and be advised they tend to run "warm" due to the 65% poly fabric. Bonus they have a pistol mag pocket sewn into the cargo legs. If I don't care about looking "tactical" I prefer the Velocity Systems range shorts, they fit true to size and I just prefer the fit overall, plus they run cooler at 50% poly. They also have a mag pocket sewn into the self-fabric left top pocket.

thanks for the help guys. I went ahead and ordered the pants in both a 32" and 34" inseam just in case. Also ordered the shorts in both tan and OD just to see if I wanted to wind up with a second pair in the same color I already have, or something different. I'll just send back one of the shorts and one of the pants.

i'll let y'all know what I find with the lengths.

I recently tried out some of the new Carhartt hot weather cargo pants and I am very impressed. They are ridiculously comfortable and seem very durable for such a relatively light weight fabric. They are reinforced in all the right places and have just a bit of stretch to them. They have plenty of pockets - 1 large cargo pocket on each side (no button or zipper), 1 deep cell phone pocket on each cargo pocket, 1 secure zipper pocket on left waist, plus the 4 usual back and side pockets. The cargo pockets lay flat against the leg when they are empty which makes them a lot less obvious.

They are called "men's Force extremes cargo pants" and are available on Amazon for about $50. They run true to size but are maybe an inch or two longer in the bottom which makes them drape pretty well if that's what you want. They are my new favorite cargo pants and I have them in both available colors (dark khaki and shadow grey, perfect for desert or urban use respectively). I'm hoping they add more colors at some point if they are good sellers. I would love a coyote brown or OD green. I'm going to check out their other offerings in this fabric blend as well (6-ounce, 53% cotton / 25% polyester / 22% Cocona® 37.5® polyester blend).

https://www.carhartt.com/products/ca...go-Pant-101964
    Last edited by Doug MacRay; 06-23-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

I keep coming back to $30 LAPG Urban Recon pants. They are cotton, and fit me better than anything I’ve tried regardless of price.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

So you guys are going to love this...

Got the shorts and pants. The good news is that the 36” waist seems consistent between all three, and pretty much consistent with the old pair of shorts I have. However...

That 36” waist is *barely* big enough for this guy that typically wears a 34” at most. And when I say ”barely” what I mean is that the elastic is probably at about 75” of its stretch. And that’s without having washed them at all.

The legs on the pants? You’re not going to believe this, but even the 32” length is too long. Maybe that’s good news since someone previously posted that the shrinkage they experienced was all in the length.

But I can’t help but find it hilarious that a guy that wears a 34w 32l in almost every other pant I own, has to UP a size in the waist to get them to barely fit, and DOWN a size in the legs with vertx.

So you guys are going to love this...

Got the shorts and pants. The good news is that the 36” waist seems consistent between all three, and pretty much consistent with the old pair of shorts I have. However...

That 36” waist is *barely* big enough for this guy that typically wears a 34” at most. And when I say ”barely” what I mean is that the elastic is probably at about 75” of its stretch. And that’s without having washed them at all.

The legs on the pants? You’re not going to believe this, but even the 32” length is too long. Maybe that’s good news since someone previously posted that the shrinkage they experienced was all in the length.

But I can’t help but find it hilarious that a guy that wears a 34w 32l in almost every other pant I own, has to UP a size in the waist to get them to barely fit, and DOWN a size in the legs with vertx.
    That’s too bad. I really hoped that they had corrected their sizing.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Got a pair of 5.11 Quest pants on recommendation from a buddy, did a qual the other night and these pants are very comfortable, almost as comfortable as their APEX pants.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    That’s too bad. I really hoped that they had corrected their sizing.
    In some weird way, they kind of have?

Or, at least, become standardized?

Several years ago I ordered three identically-sized pairs of pants from them and received three different fits, all wearing identical size tags (meaning, the issue wasn't that they sent the wrong sku). IIRC they were all manufactured in different countries, which explained the issue but didn't excuse it.

if it turns out that I have to order pants from them with a waist size of "monkey" and a length of "pineapple" then I can do that so long as I know "monkey" and "pineapple" are what fits me.

I use "monkey" and "pineapple" because if Vertx can't do numbers, i won't either when dealing with them.

User Tag List