Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with handgun when nature calls?

What to do with handgun when nature calls?

This might seem like a humorous topic but I have to wonder what some of us do when nature requires the dropping of pants.

A recent event with an employee for my agency made me think this should be a serious point of discussion. The employee either took his gun out of the holster or took the holster off of his belt. At the conclusion of his business, he walked out and left the handgun in the stall. Upon realizing he was missing the weapon, he returned a short few minutes later to find it gone. The gun was recovered months later in an unrelated police incident.

So what do you all suggest? And does the preferred/suggested method apply for both men and women?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Keep it in the holster , if possible secure the belt so stuff doesn't sag and the gun rolls out . If in a NPE, roll your underwear over the top of it so no one in the next stall can see it . YMMV
    Last edited by Colt191145lover; 12-30-2017 at 01:06 PM.

This one comes up from time to time. IMHO:
    1) armed men do not use public urinals
    2) the nut pouch of undies is a good place to put a gat while sitting
    3) as @Mas onced joked, roughly, depending upon the neighborhood, keeping it in your hand might be prudent.
    4) you know @Nephrology’s outstanding CCW survey, where 30+ people said "j-frame?" Yeah, that. I realize that’s not any sort of answer for most, but I will say that a 642 is very easy to deal with.

I always like this topic when it comes up; never too late to learn a new life hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Keep it in the holster , if possible secure the belt so stuff doesn't sag and the gun rolls out . If in a NPE, roll your underwear over the top of it so no one in the next stall can see it . YMMV
    I prefer a good belt-mounted holster when carrying off duty. I leave the piece in the holster and sort of fold my pants into my underwear. It can be a little challenging getting everything back up and in place but nothing terrible.

Wearing a duty belt changes things. In that case the belt comes off and gets hung up or rolled up and placed close by but out of harm's way.

Site Supporter
    Depends on the locale. Look for the family bathroom in stores. Use the handicapped stall. Some of those are big enough so the gun won't be visible if you place it on the floor (yuk, use some paper). Some pants or jackets have pockets big enough that you can put even a G19 into them (empty them first). If you forget the gun - well - that's another problem.

One thing I noticed when I came to TX and didn't see elsewhere. Guys undo their belt to urinate? Why - you have a zipper that you can just let down. Discuss tactical implications of being attacked at urinal with unhooked belt.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 12-30-2017 at 01:21 PM.

I just put it in the crotch of my underwear.

Site Supporter
    Problem with the crotch. As Mas says in his instructions for old men - Never trust a fart!

Thus, the crotch might be problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Problem with the crotch. As Mas says in his instructions for old men - Never trust a fart!

Thus, the crotch might be problematic.
    What a shitty thing to say.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I just drop trou then buckle my belt at my knee. No need to unholster.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Depends on the locale. Look for the family bathroom in stores. Use the handicapped stall. Some of those are big enough so the gun won't be visible if you place it on the floor (yuk, use some paper). Some pants or jackets have pockets big enough that you can put even a G19 into them (empty them first). If you forget the gun - well - that's another problem.

One thing I noticed when I came to TX and didn't see elsewhere. Guys undo their belt to urinate? Why - you have a zipper that you can just let down. Discuss tactical implications of being attacked at urinal with unhooked belt.
    So you remove the gun from the holster?

Didn't one of the supposed 320 drop firings occur when a pistol was dropped in the bathroom stall?

User Tag List