Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I suspect a highly realistic Glock airsoft pistol would be a gold mine for Glock - unlike their real handguns, Airsoft pistols can be sold to every country on earth.
    As an aside, Airsoft in the UK is almost as restricted as real guns in the US. I looked into it when my teammates in the UK suggested we do paintball or airsoft as a team-building activity on one of my trips over. I wanted to bring my gun and holster, but quickly found out it would be next to impossible due to their laws around Airsoft kit.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've seen a lot of .22s at Steel Challenge type matches. With clean guns,polished and tuned magazines, and select ammunition, Ruger Mark2 and 3's seem to be the most reliable. But even then, the number of failures is far beyond even Open, Single Stack, and PCCs. Nearly everyone's .22 pistols jam at least once a match and typically way more often.

Maybe it's the demands of shooting fast? Anyway, I still use a Mark3 for practice sometimes because it's helpful for working on some things. But I just don't have patience for guns that require constant tuning and still jam regularly.
    I don't compete with it, but my MKIII 22/45 is nearly as reliable as my Glock until it gets filthy (upwards of 1k rounds to get to that point). Then it stops cycling standard velocity stuff (fires, but won't cycle), but will still cycle HV rounds. I'm not including FTFs in that analysis because those are usually the ammo's fault. With cheap Federal bulk pack ammo, I'll get 2-5 FTFs per brick and none for quality ammo.

The gun doesn't require ongoing tuning, just cleaning every brick or two as I get around to it. But, the gun is heavily modified with few factory internal parts left...

The gun will never pass a 2k challenge, but I don't think any rimfire would.

Chris

This is exactly the rimfire gun I wanted Glock to make. 2 questions immediately come to mind:
    1: Will the lower accept aftermarket Gen 5 triggers?
    2: Will the upper work on a G45 frame?
    Last edited by stomridertx; 12-11-2019 at 09:43 AM.

One thing I keyed on that no one else seemed to have mentioned...

I’m the stepson of a tool and die maker. I immediately noticed the (assumed) polymer slide body has a die insert where the model and caliber markings are located. To me, this means they want to be able to change that at will with a new insert.

What is the implication?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    This is exactly the rimfire gun I wanted Glock to make. 2 questions immediately come to mind:
    Answer to #2 is probably no. It is not a tilting barrel design (or at least not a normal one) so the locking block would be completely different.

My guesses based on what I’ve seen written?

1 - yes
    2 - no. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the frame rails are different to prevent this from happening.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Even if it could work on a 45 frame, despite probable issues, would need magazines for that.

Right, I thought the prospects for a .22 Glock were about third place after a carbine and some sort of jigsaw puzzle of existing parts.
    Now nobody is pleased. I still think it is unfortunately lightweight but it will keel. I mean it will sell.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I don't compete with it, but my MKIII 22/45 is nearly as reliable as my Glock until it gets filthy (upwards of 1k rounds to get to that point). Then it stops cycling standard velocity stuff (fires, but won't cycle), but will still cycle HV rounds. I'm not including FTFs in that analysis because those are usually the ammo's fault. With cheap Federal bulk pack ammo, I'll get 2-5 FTFs per brick and none for quality ammo.

The gun doesn't require ongoing tuning, just cleaning every brick or two as I get around to it. But, the gun is heavily modified with few factory internal parts left...

The gun will never pass a 2k challenge, but I don't think any rimfire would.

Chris
    I have a thirty year old, box stock Ruger Mk2 with about 20K rounds through it. I've taken it down and cleaned it a half dozen times or so. The only non-ammo related failures I've had with it were traced to a worn out recoil spring. I take it down and detail clean it when it starts making a crunching sound when I work the bolt.

I run CCI ammo exclusively. It will choke on cheaper bulk pack stuff.

I got all excited about the Glock 44, then I realized it probably won't do much for me the Ruger won't except fit in Glock holsters.
    Last edited by Lester Polfus; 12-11-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I dunno about the rest of you losers, but when I heard Glock and 44, I was pretty excited about the prospects...

I just had to quote this because. Reasons...

User Tag List