Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: IS Leader al-Baghdadi Killed in US Raid

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This whole forum is gay for JRB now and that's awesome
    It would be really cool if #modisshit @LittleLebowski could sort and sticky @JRB's info dumps. All the info and zero bullshit.
    Last edited by Hambo; 10-30-2019 at 05:29 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    ...to the shores of Tripoli.

This shit is not new. I don't believe it's realistic to think we'll ever put a stop to it. The best we can do is make it crawl back in its hole for awhile. It didn't start in 2001. It isn't a result of European colonialism and England and France doing a shyte job of carving up the Middle East after WWI. These assholes crawling out of their hole to fuck with America specifically is older than the Constitution, and that phase of it started because they figured out our ships were no longer protected by the power of the British Navy. There was a time when something like 10 percent of the U.S. national budget went to paying them a jizya just so we could actually trade with other continents. Our first signficant internal rebellion was touched off by the tax burden this caused. It took saving up and building our own Navy to go put the hurt on them where they lived to make them crawl back in their hole. What they understood then was raw power. Two hundred and twenty years later...there they are, here we are. And the sun is coming up in the east.

Violence is the golden bedrock of civilization. We're doing well when we can pretend it isn't a fundamental condition of our existence as meat sacks that can be stopped or caused to change what we're doing by suffering tissue damage. That happens some places, some of the time, and we're lucky if we live in those places and times. I'll take a culture that attempts earnestly to abhor it over one that celebrates it, eight days a week.

Thank you JRB, and all your brothers and sisters.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Is this news?
    Just checking. There seems to be a lot of denial about that these days.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Just checking. There seems to be a lot of denial about that these days.
    Great. Now that that particular sidebar is sorted, perhaps you'd like to address how that squares with the question "But if we weren't in the flight in the first place, why would they need to come to our soil."
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Great. Now that that particular sidebar is sorted, perhaps you'd like to address how that squares with the question "But if we weren't in the flight in the first place, why would they need to come to our soil."
    I suppose that if they were simply left alone and to their own devices they'd be satisfied with just oppressing, murdering, beheading etc. those in their own quarter and wouldn't even consider trying to export their brand and way of life to the rest of the world.

Sounds like a winner.

Last edited by blues; 10-30-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I'm not an isolationist by any stretch. I was just trying to get an affirmation. I'm good.

I spent 2 years in a Muslim country while in the military.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-30-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Misdirected my ass - you opened this can, let's eat it all. Or will you just want to start talking about something else instead of admitting that you're uninformed?
    Probably should shut this down right here.

As a civilian, as I clearly stated, I don't have access to the military intelligence that you have. You can't discuss it and I understand. That doesn't help your case however.

I'm basing my comments on the only credible source that I have, General Mattis, the SoD that just resigned from Trump's cabinet.

As a military strategist his resignation speaks volumes to Trump's foreign policy or lack of one.

Trump's cabinet is a revolving door. It's like changing QB's every 3rd game.

A relative of mine was an Army intel analyst for a long time, with CentCom during his last hitch. He didn't want just anyone and everyone knowing what his job was and he sure as hell didn't advertise that on the internet.

Probably not a good idea to bring up your access to military intel on the internet. Doesn't do anyone any good.
    Last edited by Borderland; 10-30-2019 at 12:03 PM.

<Nerd>

According to the Oxford English Dictionary the first time the word "terrorism" was recording into the dictionary was 1795. In reference to the form of government used during the French Revolution (1784-1795). It apparently grew quickly in terms of lexiconic usage, because by 1798 it had been generalized to the form we traditionally think of now -

2. gen. A policy intended to strike with terror those against whom it is adopted; the employment of methods of intimidation; the fact of terrorizing or condition of being terrorized. Also transf. Cf. terrorist 1b.
    Ergo, it would be safe to ASSume that terrorists have existed since at least 1798 in the sense that we think of them today.

</Nerd>

I doubt very seriously, that we are going to eliminate terrorism on a global scale. Rather, we must do what we have always done to terrorists, bandits, highwaymen, and pirates - hunt them down in their homes and safe havens, kill them, and hang them from the yard arms for the world to see.

Frankly, this is the first time, for me, that I've liked how Trump has handled the revelation and confirmation of this type of information. I know that some folks feel it is a bit uncouth to celebrate and describe in detail the death of a terrorist scumbag. I don't. It's metaphorically hanging that motherfucker from the yard arm for the world to see. Maybe that is uncouth, but it sends a fucking message. And frankly, it's the message I want sent to the world. Fuck with us and you'll get the fucking horns. You are not safe, you will never be safe as long as you continue trying to harm us. We will find you and we will fuck your shit up.
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-30-2019 at 11:32 AM.

The unconditional mandate of Islam is to dominate the world and we've got 1,400 years of their history as undeniable evidence. What part of that keeps eluding people?
    Last edited by 41magfan; 10-30-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    The unconditional mandate of Islam is to dominate the world and we've got 1,400 years of their history as undeniable evidence. What part of that keeps eluding people?
    You keep saying that. And it isn't true. I don't know what else to tell you, besides to read and study the 5 pillars of Islam.

The overwhelming evidence that suggests the contrary point of view is that there are some 1.9 billion Muslims in the world. If they were all dedicated to dominating the world and destroying all religions, they would be very effective in doing so, since the only religious group that is bigger is the 2.4 billion Christians. Some Muslim sects do have the 6th pillar of jihad, but jihad literally translates into "struggle" - which could be either a military or non-military context. Just because some individuals suggest that jihad in the form of military acts against others is the "right" form of jihad, doesn't mean that a whole religion advocates that.

User Tag List