Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Alias Training "Divorces"

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    If an instructor is not giving you a specific list of what he needs to do coursework then it doesn't sound like they really want to come teach in the first place.
    No kidding. I'm not much of a businessman but I sure as hell make sure the host knows exactly what we MUST HAVE to conduct the class. Sheesh!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Here's a snippet from an email between me and a potential host I just pulled at random.

2016 has completely booked up dude, but I could probably do something in '17. Basically for an ECQC to go we need a minimum of ten paying heads with the max being 18. You saw the range we used so we need a soft deck that can absorb the strike of we round when shooting from the thumb/pectoral index. You would have to supply the USPSA/IDPA cardboard targets, sticks and stands. I'll supply everything else. You get a free slot and I give you one more for a buddy.

Kinda'.....simple.

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    I got the middle finger from both my credit card company and PayPal... The transaction was too long ago.

Folks who registered early for classes are going to get screwed.
    Does the USPS regard signing up for a class, it is canceled, and not getting a refund, to be mail/wire fraud...?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I remember Speed kills /Get SOM, and Aim Fast / Hit Small, payment was easy, communication was good, instructor to student ratio was as stated. There was no drama, I miss Todd. My experience with Alias was the opposite.
    That was my experience too. Hosting Todd was simple and straightforward. I tried to host a class with Alias and struggled with intermittent contact before giving up. 8 months later I get a call for them about the class I'm hosting next weekend wanting to make sure everything was a go. It ended up they somehow had my name and number down in their system as POC for a class being hosted elsewhere. Clown shoes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    My prediction:

In 2017 a group of instructors are going to get tired of the hassle, pool resources for a small office & storage locker somewhere near a fed-ex location and hire a business manager, part time web guy/gal/person of indeterminate gender/maybe not a person if they identify otherwise & a secretary to make sure classes get posted, people get called back, supplies get shipped and travel is arranged correctly.

Everyone will have their own company, do their own thing and be responsible for their own classes; however, they all have an office staff of their own doing what needs to be done that is responsible to them, not some company they have a hard time getting in touch with.

That's my prediction - I could be wrong.
    Those guys should get hold of the lady who used to do all Pat Rogers admin / booking.

They need admin support and she with Pat's passing it seems she is out of a gig.

I was recently signed up for a Jeff Gonzales class this summer that was cancelled due to range issues. Was told by TRICON that we would receive a full refund. Contact with Alias was impossible. Multiple calls and emails every day with no reply. Started making a stink on their Facebook and Paul called me to apologize. Still didn't get anything done. Contacted TRICON to hopefully get them to bat for me. They basically said sorry you're on your own. Finally got ahold of Paul one day and said I was filing for a charge back if I didn't get my refund by Monday (it was Friday) and it went through on Saturday. They were the worst business I've dealt with a long long time. After talking with Paul via emails and phone, I wouldn't trust him with a lemonade stand, let alone a real business.

I was signed up for a Pat Mac class... I've never met the man personally, but would someone vouch for him?

Hard to tell who to trust these days...
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 07-11-2016 at 09:15 PM.

I was signed up for a Pat Mac class... I've never met the man personally, but would someone vouch for him?

I think it's safe to trust a guy who taught at least one class he knew he wasn't gonna get paid for (this past weekend).
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I distinctly recall an incident a few years back where Pat Mac issued a refund out of pocket when Alias failed to do so for a student on Lightfighter, as the range was double-booked and the Pat Mac class got cancelled because of it, and the student was unable to get any response from Alias. That being said, this is a lot of classes, so who knows what McNamara will be able to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think it's safe to trust a guy who taught at least one class he knew he wasn't gonna get paid for (this past weekend).
    Well... I don't know what the man does on a day-to-day basis... and you typed that shit like I am supposed to know what he is up to every day of the week.

Perhaps be more specific/less condescending?
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 07-11-2016 at 10:17 PM.

User Tag List