Emergency Radio
    5-0 Radio
    IMdB
    PhotoBucket
    PayPal
    DirecTV
    Fandango
    College Football
    FML (F*** My Life > hilarious) > great way to blow a few minutes while waiting for kid's gymnastics class to be over
    RedLaser
    Compass
    SureFire Shot Timer
    Papa John's
    Instagram
    picplz

Mapquest. Turn by turn voice navigation for free.
    #RESIST

There are a bunch of ebook apps that work out pretty well, like Bookman, which will read PDFs and the like. Reading on an iPhone isn't ideal, but works in a pinch if you need to make a 'pitstop'.

Is it weird that most of my apps are centered around the aforementioned 'pitstops'?
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Mapquest. Turn by turn voice navigation for free.
    Or just buy Android and use Maps.

InstaFetch is the Android app for using Instapaper and I am coming around to it after much praise from Lebowski for the Instapaper service.

ShawnL turned me on to Smart Tools a super handy app for measuring distance and angles.

Lastly - Dropbox for easily moving files between devices.
    On the fun side there is Stupid Zombies for a combo Angry Birds/Pool experience.

Plants vs. Zombies is a great game.

Surefire shot timer, free and works well for those of us too cheap/lazy to buy a shot timer.

Amateur Surgeon, favorite iphone game of all time. I think there's a sequel out now, but I'm not sure. Spades, Flick Fishing, Meowcenaries.

Round Timer and Tabata Timer for getting my PT on. Offsite WOD has some decent CrossFit-style workouts that don't use equipment.

USAA's app is the shit if you use them. You can transfer money to/from accounts, deposit checks by taking pictures of them, get proof of insurance, there's an accident checklist, literally too many features to list.

Coin Flip for solving arguments, Kindle is a great time-killer (syncs with your Kindle so you don't lose your place). Netflix, SiriusXM if you have a subscription. Sirius is the only thing that works here in South Korea. Netflix, Pandora, Slacker don't work.

Soldier Systems, ITS Tactical are decent, I wish the full articles would come up though. USA Forces if you're military, has UCMJ articles, base info, ranks, MRE menus, etc. USAF PT Test app, lets you plug in your pushups, situps, run and waist numbers to see your score.

I use Call911 pinned to the bottom task bar. Click it once, there's a 10-second countdown (to cancel it in case you hit it accidentally) and it calls 911. I shot an IDPA stage where they required you to pull out your phone and dial 911 while keeping your gun on the targets downrange. I figure sliding the bar to unlock the phone, finding the Call button, bringing up the keypad, and then dialing 911 could be streamlined a bit.

Words with Friends - Free, fun Scrabble like game and you compete against your friends no matter where they're at.

Music Box Pro - allows you to download almost any music file out there and it's free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    Surefire shot timer, free and works well for those of us too cheap/lazy to buy a shot timer.
    You, sir, may have just saved me from buying another timer (mine is stateside), assuming it works ok at the range.
    --
    Stay Safe,
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D. View Post
    You, sir, may have just saved me from buying another timer (mine is stateside), assuming it works ok at the range.
    Be careful when using your phone as a shot timer. Most of the phone microphones can not handle the sound report. There was some talk of this over on the Enos forums.

User Tag List