Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 236371727374 LastLast

Thread: J-frame picture thread

Rich

Director of R&D and product acquisitions at Empire Outfitters

Site Supporter
    This is yet another thread drift, with which I'm proficient. After putting a green Crimson Trace Lasergrip (LG350G) on my M&P 340, I am struggling to activate the laser after acquiring "a normal firing grip," which, according to the manual (and everything else I have read about it), should activate the laser. Crimson Trace calls it "instinctive activation." I do have long fingers, but have never encountered a problem like this with any other firearm. It seems my middle finger's 2nd joint is directly over the button and the only way I can get the laser to turn on is by squeezing, with my support hand, so hard that everything shakes. Anything less - the laser goes off. Anybody else ever had this issue?
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    This is yet another thread drift, with which I'm proficient. After putting a green Crimson Trace Lasergrip (LG350G) on my M&P 340, I am struggling to activate the laser after acquiring "a normal firing grip," which, according to the manual (and everything else I have read about it), should activate the laser. Crimson Trace calls it "instinctive activation." I do have long fingers, but have never encountered a problem like this with any other firearm. It seems my middle finger's 2nd joint is directly over the button and the only way I can get the laser to turn on is by squeezing, with my support hand, so hard that everything shakes. Anything less - the laser goes off. Anybody else ever had this issue?
    Somewhat. Getting it activated required a more deliberate grip and a finite amount of my very finite processing capability. It was only "instinctive" on a perfect grab, which to my mind negated one of the advantages of the revolver-its indifference to grip for reliable function.
    It ended up being neither fish nor fowl to me.

@11B10

I've got an LG-405 on my J, that works fantastic. Looking at the 350G it does appear much different.

I do experience similar issues with my LG-431 (LCP) that requires an odd, almost "H" grip to activate the laser. Unfortunately, that is not how I hold the little gun. There appears to be a newer version that looks to have a different button, which may make a difference. Not sure if I want to send mine in under warranty and have it replaced or not. BTW, in speaking with a CTC rep, they don't have a repair center, they offer replacement at 1/2 retail.

Check out the LG-405 if you can, any holding of the revolver activates mine. I would have preferred a green laser myself, but a 405 came up at a price I couldn't refuse.
    Taking a break from social media.

Try Sugru to build up the button.
    Sugru by Tesa - All Purpose Super Glue, Moldable Craft Glue for Indoor & Outdoor - Adhesive Glue for Creative Fixing, Repairing, Bonding & Personalizing - 8 Pack - Black, White & Gray (3.5g/ea) https://a.co/d/6tnElzg

Site Supporter

New stocks for the Mod 49

Name:  49 with new grips.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  98.4 KB
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Name:  49 with new grips.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  98.4 KB
    That's really sexy.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter

jandbj - I thought I had seen everything until your post turned me on to Sugru. Sounds like it's sort of a combination of Super Glue and Silly Putty. But it also sounds like it would be perfect for this application. The only negative thing I can see is it might not stay put. I will check it out.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Apologies to all who were "thread drifted."
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

jandbj - I thought I had seen everything until your post turned me on to Sugru. Sounds like it's sort of a combination of Super Glue and Silly Putty. But it also sounds like it would be perfect for this application. The only negative thing I can see is it might not stay put. I will check it out.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Apologies to all who were "thread drifted."
    @RustyCrusty turned me on to it for precisely that usage. IIRC, he used it to build up the button on his LCR laser grips.

User Tag List