Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: USPSA 2019 CO Nationals equipment survey

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is a timmie’s wet dream, but IDPA and USPSA which both use a timer and scoring are still a game, and a significant number of participants treat it like a game.
    We are heading down a rabbit trail here, but that used to bother me. It doesn't any more. Who am I to say someone who participates in the sport has to take the self defense aspect seriously. They are just as free to enjoy their firearms in their way as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    We are heading down a rabbit trail here, but that used to bother me. It doesn't any more. Who am I to say someone who participates in the sport has to take the self defense aspect seriously. They are just as free to enjoy their firearms in their way as I am.
    I think of it this way. There are people who can shoot well, but don’t carry a gun or an appropriate gun. There are people who can’t shoot well, but who carry appropriate guns. There are people who can shoot well and carry appropriate guns. I strive to be in the third group, but frankly I don’t lose even a bit of sleep worrying about how prepared the people in the first two groups are defensively, just as I don’t worry about how prepared people are to deal with a bear attack. I still remember telling a friend’s wife how her choice of the Judge and .410 buck was not an appropriate grizzly gun and seeing how butthurt she got. Ain’t worth it.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Geez, I was just mildly curious as I've seen IDPA surveys like that. Unleashing the game, tactics, training blab fest wasn't my goal.

USPSA won't do it, Glenn. Nothing to do with games, tactics etc. First, they have strongly maintained a position of a sport, not an adjunct to timmy training. Second, completion of this survey is required to fully register for Nationals. To me it is already a questionable approach but that's OK. However, it they asked any question that doesn't pertain to Nats itself, they could get into hot legal waters.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Geez, I was just mildly curious as I've seen IDPA surveys like that. Unleashing the game, tactics, training blab fest wasn't my goal.
    So what was your goal? Why do you care? What’s the point of the post?

Every single time this topic comes up, it’s just self-serving nonsense. Some guy that can’t win wants to feel better about it so he says it’s because he shoots his carry gun, or employs real world tactics, or whatever. I know, I was that guy. It’s horseshit and it doesn’t matter. Except to the guy that feels bad he can’t compete.

Do you guys think Max Michel and all the other top shooters would have gotten their respective places no matter what they shoot? Basically it's still the Indian not the arrow, right?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    Do you guys think Max Michel and all the other top shooters would have gotten their respective places no matter what they shoot? Basically it's still the Indian not the arrow, right?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    It is the Indian not the arrow, but because competition is designed to magnify tiny differences in performance, Indians spend a lot of time fussing with their arrows. In CO, there is such a diversity in competitive pistols, whatever you have is probably being used successfully. Fussing is not just with pistols, but also with optics, holsters, ammo and mag extensions.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

With so many P320 users I can’t believe at least one of them hasn’t had their piece explode in the holster or fire on its own accord. Do you think any of them even considered the CEO of the company they bought their pistol from? (For those not sponsored of course)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So what was your goal? Why do you care? What’s the point of the post?

Every single time this topic comes up, it’s just self-serving nonsense. Some guy that can’t win wants to feel better about it so he says it’s because he shoots his carry gun, or employs real world tactics, or whatever. I know, I was that guy. It’s horseshit and it doesn’t matter. Except to the guy that feels bad he can’t compete.
    Who put a 33 round Glock mag up your butt? I was just curious as to what folks who shoot well, consider as carry guns. Nothing to do with who sucks at competition. Get it?

It's like asking a race car driver, like my brother in law used to be, what's his everyday car. NO speeches about how he wants to drive his Camry at Indianapolis.

After a match in the TX ones I used to shoot, folks will take off their competition rig and put on a carry gun. We would then go for Tex-Mex and might even discuss our favorite carry gun without ranting about why we can't win because of real world tactics.

Rob - you must hang out with a bunch of high strung (look in DSM-5).

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Who put a 33 round Glock mag up your butt? I was just curious as to what folks who shoot well, consider as carry guns. Nothing to do with who sucks at competition. Get it?

It's like asking a race car driver, like my brother in law used to be, what's his everyday car. NO speeches about how he wants to drive his Camry at Indianapolis.

After a match in the TX ones I used to shoot, folks will take off their competition rig and put on a carry gun. We would then go for Tex-Mex and might even discuss our favorite carry gun without ranting about why we can't win because of real world tactics.

Rob - you must hang out with a bunch of high strung (look in DSM-5).
    IIRC that sort of question used to be a favorite in gun magazines back when that's all there was. It was interesting to see so many that were known for their 1911 prowess that carried a J frame.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List