Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: The 43X/48 and 365/365XL are EDC game changers

Name:  6BC1EC6E-9E58-4FC6-9554-F92D0AA35F9F.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  53.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I can’t imagine a Glock guy not having a slimline. If forced to go to just two different model guns, I could easily live with three 43X and four G4 17’s.
    Not a g5 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t imagine a Glock guy not having a slimline. If forced to go to just two different model guns, I could easily live with three 43X and four G4 17’s.

This. The 43x punches way above its weight class. I plan on spending 90% of my shooting focusing on this pistol for the next couple of months, then picking up a full-size again and seeing if anything I learn with the subcompact transfers over.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I think the pairing of the 1911 and 43X for those lower profile occasions works quite well.

ETA: and that is a lot better than "average" IMO
    Thanks for the compliment JHC but you didn't see the dot torture I melted down on with the 43x

I'm really conflicted about even carrying the 1911 anymore. On multiple shot strings or really difficult shots, the 1911 is better all day every day. But I don't think I gain that much in the long run. To add to that I'm getting tired of shooting 45 on a regular basis. I've kicked around picking up a 9mm 1911 but my Operator would probably have to go away to afford one. On the other hand, if I'm going to carry and shoot a full-size 9mm shouldn't I just go back to a double-stack Glock and call it good?

My life would be a lot less complicated if I could just turn off my "think" switch.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    Thanks for the compliment JHC but you didn't see the dot torture I melted down on with the 43x

I'm really conflicted about even carrying the 1911 anymore. On multiple shot strings or really difficult shots, the 1911 is better all day every day. But I don't think I gain that much in the long run. To add to that I'm getting tired of shooting 45 on a regular basis. I've kicked around picking up a 9mm 1911 but my Operator would probably have to go away to afford one. On the other hand, if I'm going to carry and shoot a full-size 9mm shouldn't I just go back to a double-stack Glock and call it good?

My life would be a lot less complicated if I could just turn off my "think" switch.

I'll save you a bunch of money. Skip the 9mm 1911 and go straight to double stack Glock + single stack Glock.

Site Supporter
    As much as I'm getting into 1911s again, I would agree except replace "G17" with "G45MOS"

@GJM is a shooter. I'd like to hear his take on the 19X/45. I've been shooting with some pretty good shooters, and I'm decent myself, and we all have the same opinion of 'em...

Quote Originally Posted by 4gallonbucket View Post
    Not a g5 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    As much as I'm getting into 1911s again, I would agree except replace "G17" with "G45MOS"
    The Gen 5 pistols have many things going for them — good out of the box triggers, big magwell, accurate barrels and the cut that improves extraction. However, I like the finger grooves and Gen 4 triggers since I can shoot them better than the Gen 5 pistols, and in competition small differences in performance are magnified.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    @GJM is a shooter. I'd like to hear his take on the 19X/45. I've been shooting with some pretty good shooters, and I'm decent myself, and we all have the same opinion of 'em...
    I love the G45/19X/19 system.

Name:  D196A054-397B-4A20-A386-75ED54F4C9CC.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  76.4 KB

How do they compare to your 17s on USPSA type stuff?

User Tag List