Page 21 of 188 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Unofficial Pistol-Forum Car geek, gearhead, hot rodder, and vehicle thread

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    You can dial the understeer out of the car. I did.
    Just turn in sooner add in judicious use of trail braking. You'll figure it out...or crash. Whateves.

I don't care about Cayennes or Macans, but after 500 miles in the rain/sleet/snow with 60-mph cross/head wind gusts in the FJ yesterday and having done the same thing in the Mazda2...I'll take the SUV any day of the week for that shit. It's brick shaped, but it's sure footed and heavy enough to not be turned quite like the little 2200 pound, 100hp, hatchback.

Ever driven an 80s Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant wagon, on the stock 175/80R13 tires? Light weight, slab sided, skinny ass tires. Stiff breeze perpendicular to the direction of travel, and you'd be over a lane or two in a heartbeat or less. God I miss that thing. Had the A525 5spd Getrag manual transmission in it, with a 3.50 final drive. Sucker would bury the speedo (85) in 3rd gear, and keep pulling through the other two! Also could carry everything; and I do mean EVERYTHING.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Ever driven an 80s Dodge Aries or Plymouth Reliant wagon, on the stock 175/80R13 tires? Light weight, slab sided, skinny ass tires. Stiff breeze perpendicular to the direction of travel, and you'd be over a lane or two in a heartbeat or less. God I miss that thing. Had the A525 5spd Getrag manual transmission in it, with a 3.50 final drive. Sucker would bury the speedo (85) in 3rd gear, and keep pulling through the other two! Also could carry everything; and I do mean EVERYTHING.
    Drove many a Dodge Diplomat back in the day. The way it floated down the road, you'd get seasickness before car sickness. :O

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Drove many a Dodge Diplomat back in the day. The way it floated down the road, you'd get seasickness before car sickness. :O
    The maneuvers an agent could pull for protective motorcade operations with those was pretty sick though.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Meh. Show car built for a car show. Believing it means anything about future product is wishful thinking.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    If they do an actual updated S2K it would be awesome. K20C1 out of the Type R, 6-speed stick, fastback roof line, out Supra the new Supra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The maneuvers an agent could pull for protective motorcade operations with those was pretty sick though.
    My Dippy was great to drive on the freeway. So smooth...the only thing you had to be careful of was when running on the strip, you could get good weight distribution, but it would float. I opted for a set of Doetsch custom valved street/strip shocks and would crank them up to the stiffest setting and then foot-brake launch.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    If they do an actual updated S2K it would be awesome. K20C1 out of the Type R, 6-speed stick, fastback roof line, out Supra the new Supra.
    Both the NSX and the S2K were kinda weird. They lacked the simple elegance and resilient effectiveness of double-A-arm Civics and Integras and the K series.
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Both the NSX and the S2K were kinda weird. They lacked the simple elegance and resilient effectiveness of double-A-arm Civics and Integras and the K series.
    Right?

That's why I think they should do a new S2K but not get crazy about it. They could partner with Mazda to build the chassis (like Fiat did), which should just be a slightly longer and wider MX-5 chassis with a fixed roof. And the K20C1, without any fuckery, just dump it with all 306 horsepower out of the Type R into the new S2K and curb weight it ~2500 pounds.

Watch it become the hottest thing since the the MK IV Supra and lap faster than just about anything out there. Will make the weak ass BRZ/FRS look like the garbage it really is.

It always bugged me that the FR-S engine got its ass handed to it by the competitor's engine from 13 years earlier.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List