Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever see tactics so bad you cringe?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Ever watch tactics so bad that you cringe?
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/st-louis-...234609115.html

Site Supporter
    Not really “tactics”

They are claiming some sort of Russian roulette game gone away but a young attractive married woman winding up dead at the home of a man not her husband at 1am suggests something else.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Not really “tactics”

They are claiming some sort of Russian roulette game gone away but a young attractive married woman winding up dead at the home of a man not her husband at 1am suggests something else.
    Yes, not really "tactics", but I thought it was an example of the reality that good judgment is the engine that should be driving all strategy, tactics and conduct. That "judgment thingy" is also present in your "something else".

According to the varied coverage of the incident there were three LEO's present; 2 on-duty in uniform and the off-duty, now deceased.

The ATM discussion brings a couple questions to mind. What does one need cash for (why go to an ATM?) that the card used to get cash wont be able to purchase? I forgot to get cash at the bank before leaving for a 3 day cross country trip once. I like to have cash on hand, but I had $2 in my pocket and had no issues.

. When I figured out they charged more interest for cash advances than purchases in 1992 I never used my cards for cash again. No idea what the pin number is, when they send me pin numbers I toss them in the burn barrel without looking at them.
    Last edited by Malamute; 01-27-2019 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    The ATM discussion brings a couple questions to mind. What does one need cash for (why go to an ATM?) that the card used to get cash wont be able to purchase?

Never know when a card machine at a certain place might go down. At the gas station I worked at if it started pouring down rain, our satellite system couldn’t communicate to run cards so unless you had cash you were kinda SOL. Plus there’s other instances I could think of where having cash as a “just in case” ain’t a bad idea. I always try to carry an “Emergency $20 bill”.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 01-27-2019 at 10:11 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

There's also the thing where your credit card company may decide to put a freeze on your card during a trip.
    Enough cash for a meal & a fillup (or taxi ride) is a good bet when traveling long distances.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

The ATM discussion brings a couple questions to mind. What does one need cash for (why go to an ATM?) that the card used to get cash wont be able to purchase?
    Burrito/Taco truck parked here: 31.999946, -104.030955
    No habla credit card.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What does one need cash for (why go to an ATM?) that the card used to get cash wont be able to purchase?
    I do not use ATM's, and have not since their advent. When I need cash (increasingly seldom since 99% of my purchasing is performed online except for vehicle fuel and food) I schedule a trip to my banking entity (CU) for around 0830; a majority of sub-culture cretins are still abed at that hour.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Never know when a card machine at a certain place might go down. At the gas station I worked at if it started pouring down rain, our satellite system couldn’t communicate to run cards so unless you had cash you were kinda SOL. Plus there’s other instances I could think of where having cash as a “just in case” ain’t a bad idea. I always try to carry an “Emergency $20 bill”.
    But that wouldn't necessitate a nighttime trip to an ATM. I keep 20 bucks in my lockbox in my car all the time, it's been there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    But that wouldn't necessitate a nighttime trip to an ATM. I keep 20 bucks in my lockbox in my car all the time, it's been there forever.
    I usually just get some cash back at Publix during a normal grocery run if the wallet is a bit short.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List