Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Places with Available Components

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    LGOutdoors.com had small pistol primers as of a few hours ago

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Just got an email notification that the 3k of small pistol primers that I ordered on 8/3 has shipped. Don't know if they have more in stock but might be worth checking out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I was able to order primers. We’ll see if they ship. Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I've been in line for over a month from them.

Precision Delta sent me an email that they would have several flavors in stock at 3:00PM CST - tried adding to the cart at 3:00 and several times since - wont let me - I'm pissed.

ETA: Just loaded 2,000 147gr FMJ to cart, wouldn't let me add 2,000 more told me didn't have enough to fill that order, the original 2,000 was in the cart. Went to check out and site would let me checkout, said didn't have enough to fill order. I'm beyond pissed now.

Got a hold of them on the phone (finally been trying to call since 3:00PM 'hon, don't know why that happened' explained to the lady again about adding to the cart, she said she'd check came back, 'no, you didn't get through and all the bullets are gone, don't know why it let you add them to the cart, shouldn't have, give me your number and I'll have the IT guy call you,' 'What good will that do, your sold out right?' 'Yes, I don't know' - and then kind of laughed - which really pissed me off but I remembered she's apparently a southern lady and maybe it was kind of not meant badly - so gave her my name (again) and number.

I can hear her as I hung up 'Hey, Jasper, call this yankee boy back, he's all upset, bless his heart.'
    Adding insult to injury - got a 'did you forget something?' email about the 2,000 bullets in my cart this morning.

Also, checked my RMR order again, they have a weird way of doing things, print the shipping label right off, then list your order as complete. They tell you on the website that is the way they do things.

I have several items on backorder with various folks, they'll all hit my card, not sure how I feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Adding insult to injury - got a 'did you forget something?' email about the 2,000 bullets in my cart this morning.

Also, checked my RMR order again, they have a weird way of doing things, print the shipping label right off, then list your order as complete. They tell you on the website that is the way they do things.

I have several items on backorder with various folks, they'll all hit my card, not sure how I feel about that.
    That's odd. I remember when the panic happened in 2008 and they were one of the few that allowed a backorder. Ever since then I have kept at least 2 years worth on hand.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Was still showing available this morning ordered a package, cannot locate SPP for sale anyplace. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    38 special primed brass 70.00 for 500.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022741225?pid=703496

Maybe not the best deal but I ordered some since I load 38.

Site Supporter

Brownells has Winchester LPP

CCI Magnum SP and LP too

Winchester LPP is gone
    Last edited by banzaijohn; 08-27-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banzaijohn View Post
    CCI Magnum SP and LP too

Winchester LPP is gone
    Out at 5:29P

Picking probably one of the most challenging times to learn reloading, have managed to procure all the necessary components with the exception of one item. The elusive small pistol primer no longer seen in its natural
    habitat the gun store. Resorting to extreme measures I found myself surfing GB and to my surprise found an abundant supply selling for small fortune. After another week and coming up empty decided it was time to do it, tossing in a ridicules bid on 1 box of 1000 SPP the waiting game began. Actually it didn't because within ten minutes received notification of being outbid. With $25 for shipping the bid is currently $150.00. Knowing the wrath my wife would give if she ever found out, put fear into me. (Will trade 3X uncirculated silver eagles, random dates for a box of 1000 SPP, shipped).

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    With $25 for shipping the bid is currently $150.00. Knowing the wrath my wife would give if she ever found out, put fear into me. (Will trade 3X uncirculated silver eagles, random dates for a box of 1000 SPP, shipped).
    And the “barter economy” begins.
    “How much you want fer dat chicken?”
    “I’ll take two 12ga #4 high brass and a half dozen .22lr for her”

FWIW Most pistols will pop standard small rifle primers if you can find those at a reasonable price. I did not have good luck with S&B SRP which I believe are designed like CCI #41 to be safer in AR style rifles.

Yes, my CZs will all fire CCI 41 primers with even medium strength hammer springs. If I run out of pistol primers... I have some in reserve.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List