Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

David S.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Did using the OSS can on the M1a require a modified gas system as with other suppressors or can you run it stock due to the reduced back pressure ?
    I did not modify my gas systems, no noticeable difference on brass marking or ejection pattern/distance from M1A 22" or the 16" Socom. I read somewhere back pressure only increases 5% were most cans increase 30%. But in my old age I could have been reading about pellet guns.

As for the LH threads mine has never loosened up I don't have a RH can to compare it to on a rifle. But LH on my pistol will stay tight all day, RH thread need re-tightened every 3-4 mags.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Garand View Post
    I did not modify my gas systems, no noticeable difference on brass marking or ejection pattern/distance from M1A 22" or the 16" Socom. I read somewhere back pressure only increases 5% were most cans increase 30%. But in my old age I could have been reading about pellet guns.

As for the LH threads mine has never loosened up I don't have a RH can to compare it to on a rifle. But LH on my pistol will stay tight all day, RH thread need re-tightened every 3-4 mags.
    Thanks, I do know M1A’s need a modified gas position to run conventional suppressors due to the increased back pressure.

I could see how the OSS, with its greatly reduced back pressure could work on an un-modified M1A.

Site Supporter
    The endcap vents on the OSS cans are angled, so they will physically rotate the can tighter on LH thread each time the weapon is fired. This is why the OSS system works great with LH threading but pistol caliber HK's without vented endcaps can still walk off of the threads.

An OSS .30 cal can is on my short list, whenever I start buying gun stuff again.

User Tag List