Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Circa 1974 going to small bore matches we would sign the rifles out of the ROTC arms room and load them on a cart to roll out to one of the team's vehicles. Normal practice days they got loaded onto a cart and wheeled through the halls down to the high school rifle range.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Historically, there was a bit cultural difference between a youth toting a bolt .22 or shottie during particular days of a hunting season- when everyone in that small community knew it was hunting season, and generally walking around town and going about one's daily business with a long gun in hand. The latter activity was never generally accepted.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Looks like the guy took a beating.

“dislocated shoulder, broken left clavicle and five broken ribs”
    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...nd-street.html
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Looks like the guy took a beating.

“dislocated shoulder, broken left clavicle and five broken ribs”
    https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/202...nd-street.html
    Mostly peaceful.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Mostly peaceful.
    Mostly.

One can almost see a plan taking shape-
    1) the Democrats defund local departments
    2) street crime and "peaceful protest" increase
    3) the Normies react by going vigilante
    4) the Democrats are Shocked! by this increase in crime, and demand an immediate weapons ban right now!
    5) (Bonus) the Democrats federalize all local law enforcement agencies to stop the horrible institutional racism and stuff

But, these things historically tend to go off the rails, as most things involving people do, and go off in a totally unanticipated direction with a lot of unintended consequences.

What, I don't know.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    The OC dork movement has assisted the behavior of these rioters by clearly demonstrating that LE won’t engage with people who are by and large obeying the law (with regards to carry). So yeah, by “educating the sheeple” they managed to let some real assholes know it was legal to tote rifles around in public.
    Like I said earlier, the Black Panthers made that point pretty strongly back in the 60's. I suspect that there are at least a couple of modern black revolutionary Marxists in the BLM organization who have heard a little bit about the antics of the previous generation of black revolutionary Marxists.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I don’t want to drift the topic too badly and turn this into a debate about open carry, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone MERELY walking around with long guns outside of people in orange vests during hunting season. To borrow a phrase I first heard from @Tamara, I’ve only seen people carrying guns at others. This strikes me as the next logical progression of what started with the Starbucks SKS people and escalated to the rifle-armed/plate carrier people who have walked into state legislatures during hearings about controversial bills.
    I can't see the parity between dorks going into Starbucks or whatever and more or less just doing legal dorky things, and huge armed crowds blocking traffic and attacking motorists. I'd agree the latter are carrying guns at people. The former, not so much. Making a point about legality is just not comparable to participating in an armed riot.
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Armed Portland ANTIFA Assault Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    I can't see the parity between dorks going into Starbucks or whatever and more or less just doing legal dorky things, and huge armed crowds blocking traffic and attacking motorists. I'd agree the latter are carrying guns at people. The former, not so much. Making a point about legality is just not comparable to participating in an armed riot.
    The key difference is the BLM/Antifa open carriers are involved in unlawful and threatening activities.

“I’m scared of people because they are armed” is fundamentally different from armed individuals doing crimes and threatening people.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    The key difference is the BLM/Antifa open carriers are involved in unlawful and threatening activities.

“I’m scared of people because they are armed” is fundamentally different from armed individuals doing crimes and threatening people.
    THIS.

If the American Nazi party or the KKK were doing exactly the same things as the BLM “activists” in those videos, there’d be riot cops in the street, and maybe Federalized National Guard to make it stop right now.

But if they’re being violent and threatening for the “right” (actually “left”) political reasons, somehow it’s okay.
    Like @blues, I’m truly coming to fear for the future of our nation.

User Tag List