Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Article

Site Supporter

Interesting Article

This is reported to be a left leaning web site but the analysis of our currant ammunition situation strikes me as spot on...YMMV!

https://prospect.org/economy/great-a...on-conspiracy/

Dave

It's a shame that no pro-gun and firearms industry sources have reported on this

THis is all to common in many industries today... anybody know how many manufacturer's of batteries there actually are? I think about two, the rest are relabeled AFAIK.

That pretty well covers it but

" Need more ammo than purchased in a year? Pull the extra out of the reserves. Didn’t use all the ammo that year? Put the extra in storage."

is not the way the government works. You must budget for everything you might possibly need, and then SPEND IT. If you don't spend all your budget (shoot all your ammo) that proves you can get by with less, so you will get less next budget cycle. BTDT
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    That pretty well covers it but

" Need more ammo than purchased in a year? Pull the extra out of the reserves. Didn’t use all the ammo that year? Put the extra in storage."

is not the way the government works. You must budget for everything you might possibly need, and then SPEND IT. If you don't spend all your budget (shoot all your ammo) that proves you can get by with less, so you will get less next budget cycle. BTDT
    Consequently, military and law enforcement training suffers and Oh yea, we taxpayers take it in the shorts one way or another.

Damn fools,
    Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    This is reported to be a left leaning web site but the analysis of our currant ammunition situation strikes me as spot on...YMMV!
    What, our ammo is going into jelly production?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    THis is all to common in many industries today... anybody know how many manufacturer's of batteries there actually are? I think about two, the rest are relabeled AFAIK.
    Similar situation with tire manufacturers.... There are only a small handful compared to the crazy number of brands.

Sobering read, thanks for posting.

Interesting article.

Rumor has it that PSA is buying the equipment to manufacture steel cased ammo in the USA. If this is true, I wonder if they will also be producing primers? If so that would really help to break up the market and give ammunition manufacturing some better flexibility in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Consequently, military and law enforcement training suffers and Oh yea, we taxpayers take it in the shorts one way or another.

Damn fools,
    Dave
    99.9% of military ammo is produced independently of the supply lines for civilian ammo

User Tag List