Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P Failures

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Hopefully soon
    Dang!!! I saw on his site that it was coming soon...was hoping he hadnt updated his site...

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    If you're gun fits into these models than you can have a better reset.
    https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid44.html
    https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid45.html

But without an Apex DCEAK or similar trigger job, you won't have a really short and distinctive reset. Here's a RAM install video my buddy did on my M&P and you can get an idea of before and after the RAM combined with my polished DCAEK.
    Great video. Thanks for sharing.
    Help Protect Our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join The NRA

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less". General Robert E. Lee

My department fielded the M&P40 with TLR1 lights 2 years ago. The only issue I've seen in our quarterly inspections is 3 rear sights seem to be rusting around the tritium vials. 2 of those were well taken care of. We did have 1 slide start to rust as well, that one was also well cared for too.

I'll be contacting S&W here in a few months to see what they can do. We wanted to wait to see if any more sights developed rust or not.

Other than that, they've shot great. Qualifications have went through the roof after we switched from our Gen1 G23's.

I asked our S&W rep about the rust, I've read in some metal finishing trade publications that melonite over stainless actually removes some of the rust inhibiting qualities of the steel. Melonite or Tennifer over carbon steel does the opposite, out rep said he had heard that too but the factory had no intention of changing steel. It is definitely something to keep in mind, while the steel is significantly harder due to the treatment it will never be as corrosion resistant as a Glock.

I think I may call Apex about a T&E kit, the trigger reset has been my only complaint about this pistol. Thanks for that idea, stuff like this is why I like this forum already.

I have the APex parts on my M&P9 .....2 1/2-3 lbs pull and the reset is like no other. I absolutely love my M&P.
    Z.E.D.U. #1058-Wheel Man
    TAD ADDICT #133
    Emersonaholic #3399
    Team Killbox #303

I just ran 800 rounds through my MP9 at Todd's Get SOM/Speed Kill's class this weekend. I have the Apex trigger and RAM kit installed. I did not experience any issues. It was shooting a mix of Remington UMC and Blazer CCI 9mm ammo. 4 weeks before I ran another 400 rounds through the gun in an intermediate level course.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelly View Post
    I have the APex parts on my M&P9 .....2 1/2-3 lbs pull and the reset is like no other. I absolutely love my M&P.
    Are you carrying with such a light trigger?
    #RESIST

Around here there is a minimum measured 5 lbs trigger release weight required on any handgun, be it 1911, Glock, HK, M&P, Sig, etc...
    Last edited by DocGKR; 03-14-2011 at 09:09 PM.

45r measured my polished DCAEK and RAM at an average of 5 pounds 4oz on my FS9 and my 9c feels slightly heavier with the same plus the sear block upgrade.

I personally don't have a problem carrying a trigger that's 3.5-4.5 pounds. Definitely helps me with accuracy, which helps enormously with confidence.

The way I see it, I am not a cop, and as such don't have to potentially handle my handgun nearly as much, save for holstering/unholstering.
    I probably won't be ordering someone to do something with my weapon out. It's either run or fight. Hopefully the former. Should a situation deteriorate to the point where I actually draw down on someone, the average likelihood I am going to actually follow through and shoot once my gun is out is in my mind much higher than an average LEO.

I didn't mean to write all that. Waiting on Chinese takeout..
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

User Tag List