Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I have too many guns...

I think I have too many guns...

So I am moving again, first order of business is always the same figure out how I am going to get my guns to the new location. I am pretty pistol heavy so that is a good thing, but I have two boxes just of pistols, and that is with most of them in soft cases. And that isn't even all of them, two carry guns, two competition guns (as I have a match in the middle of this move), and two guns that are at my gunsmith aren't even in those boxes.

I would sell a few, but with all the wear from shooting them for competition, and the competition specific custom work degrade the value tremendously. Well that and I am a hoarder.

Next is parts, magazines, holsters, and my 4 cases of cardboard targets. And I don't even want to think about my ammo stash...

I hate moving.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    So I am moving again, first order of business is always the same figure out how I am going to get my guns to the new location. I am pretty pistol heavy so that is a good thing, but I have two boxes just of pistols, and that is with most of them in soft cases. And that isn't even all of them, two carry guns, two competition guns (as I have a match in the middle of this move), and two guns that are at my gunsmith aren't even in those boxes.

I would sell a few, but with all the wear from shooting them for competition, and the competition specific custom work degrade the value tremendously. Well that and I am a hoarder.

Next is parts, magazines, holsters, and my 4 cases of cardboard targets. And I don't even want to think about my ammo stash...

I hate moving.
    I feel your pain, and am willing to be the good Samaritan here. I'll gladly take the ammo so you don't have to go through the monumental inconvenience of having to move with it..... j/k

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I feel your pain, and am willing to be the good Samaritan here. I'll gladly take the ammo so you don't have to go through the monumental inconvenience of having to move with it..... j/k
    Sure, I'll let you have what I have left, let me check my inventory
    1. 2 50 round boxes of Winchester 22LR
    2. One baggie of 10 rounds of 9x18 Makarov

Well that was easy.

Kidding I'm not that bad yet, but I am virtually out of 9mm, after Bianchi I think I might have a half a case left. But all but a handful of my Bianchi ammo is with UPS making it's way to Kansas City so I don't need to move it.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I think I have too many guns...
    Weird. That looks like English, but it just doesn't parse...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

To illustrate this point. I went through a drawer where I keep my holsters and gear that see regular use (range, competition and carry), I found my M&P 9 Compact. Not sure how that got in that drawer.

that last one is actually a little scary.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    To illustrate this point. I went through a drawer where I keep my holsters and gear that see regular use (range, competition and carry), I found my M&P 9 Compact. Not sure how that got in that drawer.
    I feel ya. I have a Clark-customized 49 no-dash that is... er... somewhere in the attic, I know that much.

I once had a G26 fall out of my dad's Suburban's garage-door-opener-compartment and hit me in the head while I was driving it to the car wash. When I reported this incident, the reply was "Kittens, I was looking for that."

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I once had a G26 fall out of my dad's Suburban's garage-door-opener-compartment and hit me in the head while I was driving it to the car wash. When I reported this incident, the reply was "Kittens, I was looking for that."
    Now, that is a good story....!

I'd be worried pretty sick if I actually didn't know where a particular gun was. I guess I'm fortunate, in that I don't have so many guns that any of them can go AWOL without my noticing it pretty quickly....

If you know, off the top of your head, how many guns you own within the nearest five, you're either Rain Man or you're not pulling your weight.

User Tag List