Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vickers' 50/50 Rule for M4 Carbines

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Shut the fuck up Boomer.

So adorable.
    Last edited by FredWyn; 09-21-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FredWyn View Post
    So adorable.
    Why did you edit your post where you called me a Yeagerboo? Did you have a moment of clarity in which you realized how retarded it made you look?

All you've managed to do in this thread is show the forum that you're a gun celebrity dick rider who can't formulate a rebuttal when the slightest bit of disagreement comes your way.

Go drink some Metamucil, watch a Murder She Wrote rerun, and take a nap.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I used to watch Murder She Wrote with my Grandma. It never occurred to me at the time but the sleepy town of Cabot Cove, Maine had a murder rate that would rival Baltimore or Detroit.

FredWyn is taking a break from posting here, no need to respond to him.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I used to watch Murder She Wrote with my Grandma. It never occurred to me at the time but the sleepy town of Cabot Cove, Maine had a murder rate that would rival Baltimore or Detroit.
    Oddly enough, I've never seen the show.

(I always think the same about the British mystery shows on PBS, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. All these quaint little towns where the chances of being murdered make Chicago seem idyllic.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by FredWyn View Post
    Brass checks are great when there is light to see the brass.

To assure a round has loaded, you touch the top round in your mag and determine if it is sitting to the left, or right, then you load up, eject mag, feel for the round and if it is still on the same side, you don't have a round chambered.

This is what our former DEVGRU, current-Federal agency trainer drills into us when we reload and we do it always with our eyes closed, which trains you to use the same physical motions always to reload, regardless of being able to watch/see while loading.

FWIW.
    You can feel brass at night with the press check I use. I don't like the magazine one because it relies on the mag being seated completely and people mess that up constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Oddly enough, I've never seen the show.

(I always think the same about the British mystery shows on PBS, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. All these quaint little towns where the chances of being murdered make Chicago seem idyllic.)
    I haven't watched it since 1995, the year my Grandma died.

My wife has Britbox on Amazon. While I don't like British comedy like Keeping up with Appearances, I kinda enjoy some of the British murder shows. Change of pace maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I'l just leave this for those interested:

https://www.vickerstactical.com/magazines.html

And FWIW I also agree with this: "This does not need to turn into a tempest in a teapot."
    This is merely proof that even an SME can be wrong sometimes. GI mags were not “properly designed to take 28 rounds” as Vickers states in your link. And I’ve heard Pat McNamara and Mike Pannone say to fill them with 30 in person. Mac even made the comment that stripper clips come on 10-10-10, not 10-10-8.

It amazes me that an old wives take like this is still alive today. I even know otherwise squared away SWAT dudes who fill to 28. Anyone who does this is electing to give up ammo for imaginary reasons. But hey, maybe they have a Leprechaun who feeds their pet unicorn while they’re at work. Some people you just can’t reach.
    Last edited by El Cid; 09-21-2019 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    FredWyn is taking a break from posting here, no need to respond to him.

Thanks.

On the topic of loading mag's, I was taught to download them by a couple rounds. But that was in a USMC line company and was probably a good policy for a large group of grunts with various levels of motivation and attention to detail.

Conversely, at Mike Panone's carbine class, he said that he'd load 31 rounds in his carbine in Iraq. 30 in the mag and one in the chamber.

Horses for courses, I suppose.

User Tag List