Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock-Something big is coming December 10

Perhaps for reasons of reliability?

I’ve got an AA-19G4 as a dedicated pistol because it helps with my 19s, and because I like to shoot rimfire anyway. If the new design is more reliable, or mounts RDS more easily, it’ll be worth it, even in reduced capacity format. I’m not unhappy with my AA kit, or with this new design. I am little surprised to not see a threaded barrel.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Advantage Arms, Tactical Solutions...what has Glock really accomplished with this roll out that could not be done with the simple purchase of a conversion kit?
    Glock gets consumer money instead of those guys, plus an additional bunch of Glock fans who will buy it anyway because it’s from the mothership.

Dunno if this is repeating information-

I’m seeing it’s actually for sale January 20

Someone will come out with a 30-round mag for this within a year.

I’ll definitely buy one of these, and will wait with bated breath to see a 22 LR on the G43 frame.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Next thing you know Glock will be calling me once or twice a day begging for money.
    As long as they send you hats when they ask for money....

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m skeptical. This appears to be yet another toy gun that shoots real bullets. The plastic slide isn’t encouraging.

.22s in general aren’t reliable. Sure, there are some that run ok, most of the time. But after a 1000 rounds, not so much —unless they are fully cleaned and lubed.

.22 mags universally suck. They are flimsy pieces of crap, except for maybe the 10/22 rotary mags.
    Maybe you're just talking specifically about fake service pistols. Buck Mark and Ruger Mk mags are made solidly of steel and don't seem to wear out. Needing to be cleaned and lubed after 500-1000 rounds is more due to the nature of the ammo and its low energy than of the quality of pistols, if they are made well.

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    I don’t get you guys.

If I can get a representative trigger press and grip of a real service pistol, on a gun that costs a lot less to shoot - isn’t that awesome?

Basically it’s awesome and if you don’t want one, don’t get one.
    Just to put it out there, the P250 .22LR fire control group (the "firearm") is literally exactly the same as on the centerfire models.

Although, to credit the previous post, I do have a hoard of the magazines because Sig probably won't keep them in production forever and because plastic. No similar excuse for the hoard of Buck Mark magazines.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk View Post
    I’ll probably buy. Hope they have a 17 sized one in the future. Hope my dept goes to gen 5 over the 4. I’m not holding my breath for a gen 4 trigger.
    Don't worry, every year or two they will have a breathless reveal hype to unveil another .22 frame size. In 5 years or so they will have .22s in all their frame sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Perhaps for reasons of reliability?

I’ve got an AA-19G4 as a dedicated pistol because it helps with my 19s, and because I like to shoot rimfire anyway. If the new design is more reliable, or mounts RDS more easily, it’ll be worth it, even in reduced capacity format. I’m not unhappy with my AA kit, or with this new design. I am little surprised to not see a threaded barrel.
    I don't shoot much rimfire nowadays and have no real experience but I'm told the current "bulk pack" ammo from pretty much all companies is crap. Failures to fire, inconsistent velocities, etc.

How much of the reliability stuff is tied to an aftermarket conversion kit and how much is tied to cheap ammo?

Not being snide about this. I'm actually wondering.

A dedicated trainer loses some appeal if it only works on CCI Mini Mags or something that's fairly expensive in its own right.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tokarev; 12-10-2019 at 11:55 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Stock up now. Most CCI loads are in the 4-7 cents/rd range for the past 6-12 months. There's other quality stuff even lower.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List