Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: IS Leader al-Baghdadi Killed in US Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    The New York Post wins the Internez today!

Attachment 44144

Good dog so brav!
    Looks like good boy might be good girl from pic.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Are you saying there's a global economy and we're part of it?
    Is this news?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Baddest bitch on the block.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Baddest bitch on the block.
    She identifies as an assassin.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Don’t cockcheck, man.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Is this news?
    I believe he thinks that our current administration doesn’t think there’s a global economy, because we were mean.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Misdirected. I'm a civilian. You might have better luck sending this off to the C in C. Troop withdrawal from northern Syria has been in the news for awhile.

I believe that's where they found Al-Baghdadi with the help of Kurdish intelligence, the army Trump cut loose.

My take on this is if you aren't going to commit and support your allies you're just pissing in the wind by taking out a radical Islamic leader every 10 years or so. They just grow new ones.
    Misdirected my ass - you opened this can, let's eat it all. Or will you just want to start talking about something else instead of admitting that you're uninformed?

The news coverage on all of this has been a bunch of fluffed up rooty-toot aggrandizing bullshit aimed at either slandering or idolizing our current POTUS and reality, especially in this case, is not in between those two perspectives; it is a third point on a triangle far away from both of them. Think about what's in Turkey. Think about what's at stake with that. Is it worth starting *that* rumble from a non-ideal time and place of their choosing instead of ours? Would you have my brothers and sisters smashed between that rock and hard place for nothing, except to start some exceptionally ugly shit with a NATO nation?
    How about a bunch of my brothers and sisters die just in time for the same Kurds to quite readily team up with the same government they were fighting to repel the Turks?

You're watching the news, and I'm sitting in briefing rooms full of Colonels at least once a week discussing our not-so-glorious part of solving this exact problem in that exact region. Please believe me when I say that you're drawing conclusions from fundamentally flawed information, but I'm not at liberty to go into that any further on a public forum. Many of us on P-F have played these reindeer games before and can read between the lines, so to speak, and know what's going on. Listen to them, too.

US forces got out of the way and that was the right move. Shit's calming the fuck down already instead of turning into the bloodbath CNN was screaming was about to happen two weeks ago. It was a good move but you'd never know that from the 'news'.

As for intelligence, we get a lot of good intel from a lot of places and mostly from the relentless hard work of men and women so committed to our country that it's truly humbling, but all you'll ever hear about them is tinfoil hat bullshit and conspiracy theories.
    It's easier for news agencies aiming at slandering our leadership to say the Kurds solved our problem after we supposedly fucked them. Have you seen the intelligence products? Or is it hearsay bullshit from some bullshit news agency trying to sell advertising airtime? Any mention of the shitload of support we've provided them for YEARS and maybe, you know, they owe *US* not the other way around?

Get one thing absolutely blindingly fucking clear - Turkey fucked both the U.S. *AND* the Kurds.

Don't get it twisted any other way. How the fuck can you and a massive swath of the media NOT blame the violence and problems on the fucked regime pushing all of its military might over a sovereign border for the violence they sure as fuck intended to start?

Turkey needs an ass kicking. In my personal opinion Erdrogan is doing all the same shit Saddam was doing right before the Gulf War, and this could have EASILY turned into another Gulf War. But it wasn't the right time or place, and if you can't respect that basic fundamental of strategy and respect that one good decision, you're too far into your own ignorance for me to save you with the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    JRB,
    If you're ever in the DC area, chow is on me.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I hope to visit DC again soon, and I'd be honored - and the beers will be on me.
    Last edited by JRB; 10-30-2019 at 12:51 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    Misdirected my ass - you opened this can, let's eat it all. Or will you just want to start talking about something else instead of admitting that you're uninformed?

The news coverage on all of this has been a bunch of fluffed up rooty-toot aggrandizing bullshit aimed at either slandering or idolizing our current POTUS and reality, especially in this case, is not in between those two perspectives; it is a third point on a triangle far away from both of them. Think about what's in Turkey. Think about what's at stake with that. Is it worth starting *that* rumble from a non-ideal time and place of their choosing instead of ours? Would you have my brothers and sisters smashed between that rock and hard place for nothing, except to start some exceptionally ugly shit with a NATO nation?
    How about a bunch of my brothers and sisters die just in time for the same Kurds to quite readily team up with the same government they were fighting to repel the Turks?

You're watching the news, and I'm sitting in briefing rooms full of Colonels at least once a week discussing our not-so-glorious part of solving this exact problem in that exact region. Please believe me when I say that you're drawing conclusions from fundamentally flawed information, but I'm not at liberty to go into that any further on a public forum. Many of us on P-F have played these reindeer games before and can read between the lines, so to speak, and know what's going on. Listen to them, too.

US forces got out of the way and that was the right move. Shit's calming the fuck down already instead of turning into the bloodbath CNN was screaming was about to happen two weeks ago. It was a good move but you'd never know that from the 'news'.

As for intelligence, we get a lot of good intel from a lot of places and mostly from the relentless hard work of men and women so committed to our country that it's truly humbling, but all you'll ever hear about them is tinfoil hat bullshit and conspiracy theories.
    It's easier for news agencies aiming at slandering our leadership to say the Kurds solved our problem after we supposedly fucked them. Have you seen the intelligence products? Or is it hearsay bullshit from some bullshit news agency trying to sell advertising airtime? Any mention of the shitload of support we've provided them for YEARS and maybe, you know, they owe *US* not the other way around?

Get one thing absolutely blindingly fucking clear - Turkey fucked both the U.S. *AND* the Kurds.

Don't get it twisted any other way. How the fuck can you and a massive swath of the media NOT blame the violence and problems on the fucked regime pushing all of its military might over a sovereign border for the violence they sure as fuck intended to start?

Turkey needs an ass kicking. In my personal opinion Erdrogan is doing all the same shit Saddam was doing right before the Gulf War, and this could have EASILY turned into another Gulf War. But it wasn't the right time or place, and if you can't respect that basic fundamental of strategy and respect that one good decision, you're too far into your own ignorance for me to save you with the truth.

I hope to visit DC again soon, and I'd be honored - and the beers will be on me.
    JRB, I don’t know if I know you (ten years ago, I could have *been* you), but if you’re ever in AZ, same deal applies as Kyle: your steak is on me.

This whole forum is gay for JRB now and that's awesome

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This whole forum is gay for JRB now and that's awesome
    Honestly, I'm just happy I could bring a 'fuck yeah' moment or two to the P-F collective that have taught me a hell of a lot about shooting a pistol, and a myriad of other things too. I'm kind of embarrassed by a few of the misspellings and grammatical errors but I was pretty fired up.

I'm hoping I can learn more, get home and take some good pistol classes, meet you fine folks in meatspace over some steak and spirits, and I'll do my best to keep bringing the 'fuck yeah' moments in those times when I have something 'in my lane' to add to the conversation.

User Tag List