Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SIG Rattler owner/fan-boy/nut-hugger thread

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    @SouthNarc,

Apologies if I missed this before, but could you elaborate on how you secured the items in the GR1?

Thank you!

With the Blue Fore Gear DAP attachments and accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    With the Blue Fore Gear DAP attachments and accessories.
    Thank you good sir!

Okay current Rattler/Bag load out. The Ferro Concepts Micro chesty rig is a super minimalist way to carry three 30 round mags on your chest and the entire setup fits perfectly on the large interior zippered compartment of the Goruck GR1 21L interior flap.

Bag holds:

Rattler
    3 30 round magazines plus the chest rig
    3 20 round mags including what's in the gun. Total load out 150 rounds of 300 BLK.
    1 Blue Force Gear Vickers 221 sling
    1 Angel Armor Plate
    2 SOFFT Wide TQs
    2 CLEER mini pressure dressings
    I small flashlight
    1 multi tool

The only other thing I'm probably gonna put in here is a 15" titanium breaker bar for ripping an outward opening door.
    Considering the amount of ammo you've decided to carry with that set up, is it fair to assume that if you had to use it, you expect to use it in a really bad situation?

I'm considering purchasing a Rattler myself because I like the capabilities it offers, but I'm much less sure about the conditions in which I may need to use it. Could you expand on your ideas for its use?

Also, about that Ti breaker bar, what sort of situation you envision for needing to rip open a door?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

https://www.primaryarms.com/sig-saue...romeo4t-coyote

I noticed the package deal was in stock at primary arms for anyone looking to come to the dark side

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Considering the amount of ammo you've decided to carry with that set up, is it fair to assume that if you had to use it, you expect to use it in a really bad situation?

I'm considering purchasing a Rattler myself because I like the capabilities it offers, but I'm much less sure about the conditions in which I may need to use it. Could you expand on your ideas for its use?

Also, about that Ti breaker bar, what sort of situation you envision for needing to rip open a door?
    I can't speak for Craig -

But for me it's things like...

This: https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/05...-in-hyde-park/

This: https://wgntv.com/news/multiple-vehi...-in-hyde-park/

This: https://www.chicagotribune.com/opini...606-story.html

This: https://chicago.suntimes.com/city-ha...-racing-bikers

You get the idea...The first two above happened within 1-3 blocks of where I live. The latter two, while the Mag Mile flashmobs piece is from 2011 they are still an extremely regular occurrence. The motorcycle "swarms" are extremely common in the Spring/Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    https://www.primaryarms.com/sig-saue...romeo4t-coyote

I noticed the package deal was in stock at primary arms for anyone looking to come to the dark side
    No ammo in stock, however, to feed it.

Primary Arms is in my area, but I cannot realistically buy until the end of the month. (Really, I first need to get my DDM4 V7P wrung-out, to make sure I want to go all-in on the concept.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    No ammo in stock, however, to feed it.

Primary Arms is in my area, but I cannot realistically buy until the end of the month. (Really, I first need to get my DDM4 V7P wrung-out, to make sure I want to go all-in on the concept.)
    We’re I more clever, I’d make a joke about “the poors” I guess 🙂

I agree the ammo thing is a total bummer. Honestly, the perfect not being the enemy of the good, I’m sure the DD pistol will work fine in this role.

I've got half the mind to get the FDE and have it painted up in some Rhodie or something. Buy some time before I can actually get some ammo for it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

Yeah I figure if I need to use the bag i'm gonna really need to use it.

The pry bar gets me into a building where it's much easier to defend myself and someone else versus staying on the street. Obviously at this stage of the game something has happened to get a large group of people focused on me.

Here's a story. A young lady I see on a fairly regular basis is in veterinary medicine. Recently the city she lives in has been the site of a ton of protesting and a few riots. A former employee, gone for over a year posted some racial content on their social media. The Young White Woke (YWW) saw where this person was "employed" and began calling the hospital and blowing up the practice's social media. It gained momentum and there were several threats against the hospital staff and the animals that were severe enough that they ended up evacuating the hospital of all humans and critters and relocating them to another place.

I may very well get a call that she needs some help getting back home from work. Ammo, a breaching tool, and plate give me options besides Uber.

The plate is primarily for third party protection....somebody I care about. Absent that when solo I’ll keep it in back and my muzzle in front.
    Plate in backPack, on one’s back; makes perfect sense for picking up a baby grandson and skedaddling, away from the attacker. In such a case, the weapon would be more for a second actor, trying to cut-off my escape.

E.T.A.: The above is just one option. Another may be to stash the toddler, in some cover, and engage. Keep thinking!
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List