Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta is getting sporty

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Will be interesting if the narrative of the brave protestors claiming 2A rights is viewed by media in a positive light?
    Interesting indeed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I've got my popcorn ready for the video of the inevitable educational beat down.
    Motherfuckers pointing long guns and declaring they own parts of town is begging for some education.

I'm surprised there haven't been any militia-types, posses or rooftop resistance anywhere yet.

That Lansing video still has my blood pressure up.
    Thankfully, that hasn’t happened yet and hopefully it stays that way. Want to see victim hood claims go exponentially worse than now, cause that’s how you get even more victim hood claims going.

People need to keep their cool. Right now these morons are being given rope and they are actively hanging themselves with it. Let’s not distract from that endeavor by giving them and the media an excuse to point the finger elsewhere.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Thankfully, that hasn’t happened yet and hopefully it stays that way. Want to see victim hood claims go exponentially worse than now, cause that’s how you get even more victim hood claims going.

People need to keep their cool. Right now these morons are being given rope and they are actively hanging themselves with it. Let’s not distract from that endeavor by giving them and the media an excuse to point the finger elsewhere.
    You are correct, of course. Just frustrating to watch.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    For folks wanting an educational beatdown, from their couch, remember that activists (for want of a better word) for years and across the continents have found that the excessive use of force generates more supporters for their cause. A local 'tactical' win is a strategic loss.

“It is necessary to turn political crisis into armed conflict by performing violent actions that will force those in power to transform the political situation of the country into a military situation. That will alienate the masses, who, from then on, will revolt against the army and the police and blame them for this state of things.”

“Marighela’s essential philosophy was that a resort to blind terrorism would inevitably provoke the forces of law and order into an equally blind repression, which in turn would lead to a backlash by the hitherto uncommitted, polarise the situation into two extreme camps and make impossible any dialogue of compromise by eradicating the “soft centre”. “The government can only intensify its repression,” wrote Marighela in a passage of transcending importance for the modern world: thus making the life of its citizens harder than ever; homes will be broken into, police searches organised, innocent people arrested and communications broken; police terror will become the order of the day, and there will be more and more political murders—in short a massive political persecution. The population will refuse to collaborate with the authorities, so that the latter will find the only solution to their problems lies in having recourse to the actual physical liquidation of their opponents. The political situation of the country will become a military situation.... It was along this road of war without quarter against the civil population that the F.L.N. now began to move, as other terrorist bodies have done since. The consequences would not be all that far-removed from the situation envisaged by Marighela. Since the death in January, at the hands of Ducournau’s paras, of Mourad Didouche, the F.L.N.’ s Wilaya 2 covering the North Constantine region had come under the command of Youssef Zighout, a thirty-four-year-old”

— A Savage War of Peace: Algeria 1954-1962 (New York Review Books Classics) by Alistair Horne

— A Savage War of Peace: Algeria 1954-1962 (New York Review Books Classics) by Alistair Horne
    So chortling about an educational beatdown does not show thinking about strategy in depth.

This instance has a half-life. Let it decay. The educational beatdown in Chicago certainly help Hubert Humphrey get elected. Look that up, for you young folk.

Here is an interesting story on a Minnesota neighborhood that faces the reality of reduced policing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/24/u...e=articleShare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So chortling about an educational beatdown does not show thinking about strategy in depth.
    See post 2 up.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Good. One thing is all the 'gun classes' beyond technique stress that anger and frustration are not part of the decision flow chart for violence. Have somebody insult you, etc. - well :OPEN FIRE!

Or disengage. Same for the police, etc. Reading about the debates of the Japanese government in WWII to give up or commit national suicide. That's an extreme example of losing any cognitive perspective on outcome.

Does anyone know the current situation in Atlanta?

Is there still a massive walkout of Police?

Is there still "unrest" in the area?

I can not find any information in the mainstream news.

And all the threads on Atlanta seem to have drifted to talk about something else.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Quote Originally Posted by nycnoob View Post
    Does anyone know the current situation in Atlanta?

Is there still a massive walkout of Police?

Is there still "unrest" in the area?

I can not find any information in the mainstream news.

And all the threads on Atlanta seem to have drifted to talk about something else.
    I was in Zone 5 Thursday and Friday. I saw APD out and about, always in pairs, which is new. I did not see any unrest in that area other than a crackhead trying to shit talk his way into a handout. Most of the shenanigans were in Zone 1 and Zone 3 and during the night and weekends.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I had an old Army buddy call me today - my Company Commander when I was a 2LT - he is visiting on a business trip and was staying near airport. Wanted to meet for dinner. I love you Battle Buddy but not tonight - no way I am driving across Atlanta tonight and meeting near the airport. METT-T, restrictive ROE, no armored vehicles or PSD available.
    I used to work in the Ford Atlanta Assembly Plant that was adjacent to the airport. In fact, one of the main landing approaches took jets over the plant's paint shop. I have no idea how many meals I had from "Cafe on the Corner", the original Dwarf House that launched Chick-fil-A, breakfast from McDonald's across the road from the plant, and other local places. I was in and out of the plant at all hours of the day and night. I used to park my vehicle in the staff parking lot when I traveled, get dropped off at the airport, and then take a cab back to the plant when my flight returned in the middle of the night. The cab fare was less expensive than airport parking and saved me time traversing the huge parking lots.

So to read that the area is so unsafe just saddens me.

Some protestors scumbags vandalized Georgia State Patrol’s Atlanta HQ

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/geo...GF4KRH3BB7DRM/

There was a chase in Atlanta by GSP earlier this week, which I’m betting is what prompted the attack on the Atlanta HQ

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/ful...MJLJKU3QXZYKQ/
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

User Tag List