Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

Light weight TDA choices- PX4CC vs P07

I’ve read every Beretta PX4CC and CZ P07 thread and comment on PF. I’m looking for a lighter weight TDA option for summer carry. I’ve recently become accustomed to the Beretta G system, and have decades on SIGs. I own a Wilson 92BT and a 92C with G conversion. And metal SIGs of most flavors.

I’m really interested in direct comparisons between the PX4 and P07 by folks who have shot or owned both.

Thanks

Regrettably I have no information to offer on either.

However, since you have decades with Sig pistols have you considered the SP2022? It seems to have pretty favorable reviews around here. Wouldn’t have to learn a new manual of arms.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I too am pondering this exact dilemma....though with an eye long term toward my retirement guns. Recently, however, the 226 has just started to feel...heavy. There...I said it.

A coworker just loaned me his Cajunized P07 with a JMCK AIWB holster. I absolutely love this combo...never done the AIWB thing before, and man does the holster make a difference. That and presentation of the unloaded pistol from concealment is wicked fast.

The only reason I haven't gone ahead and ordered two of them is the lack of sight choices. Nothing like the HDs or Ameriglo Bold or Tcaps, or anything. That, and I've never even HELD a PX4CC...much less fired one. The sight thing is my main hesitation. If you're good with FO fronts (which I probably will be), the P07 is awful purdy.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Regrettably I have no information to offer on either.

However, since you have decades with Sig pistols have you considered the SP2022? It seems to have pretty favorable reviews around here. Wouldn’t have to learn a new manual of arms.
    The 2022 has always been SIG’s step-child. I’ve shot them, just never cared for them. The trigger is enough different and there are not a lot of options for support. I expect tSIG to discontinue it at any time. I’m already miffed they just killed the P239. The 239 is probably the slimmest TDA there is. It’s heavy for the capacity but shoots almost like a full sized pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The only reason I haven't gone ahead and ordered two of them is the lack of sight choices. Nothing like the HDs or Ameriglo Bold or Tcaps, or anything. That, and I've never even HELD a PX4CC...much less fired one. The sight thing is my main hesitation. If you're good with FO fronts (which I probably will be), the P07 is awful purdy.
    Have you looked at these? HDish w a gold outline around the tritium. Thinking about getting them for my spare slide.

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/fr....html?___SID=U
    Last edited by Lon; 06-10-2018 at 01:56 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

One of my P-07s has CGW/Dawson tritium sights
    0.135” Rear notch
    0.125” Front width
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I haven't shot the P07. I love the PX4 Compact Carry. I think the PX4 does exactly what you want, be a lighter weight DA/SA carry option. I can't say much about the gun that hasn't already been said, so I'll simply say that I agree with pretty much all the positive stuff. I AIWB mine in a JMCK AIWB holster.

The P07, I keep deciding I'm going to try one, go to a gun shop, then I start fiddling with them and for whatever reason I just put it back. I like the out of the box trigger better on the PX4, and I like the decocked better on the PX4. One thing that mildly annoys me on the P07 is the decocker putting the hammer on half cock. I can't exactly explain why, I just don't care for it. The other big thing that gets to me on the P07 is the damage issues with dry fire. Seems to me like a modern design shouldn't have that issue (I know any model can be damaged with enough dry fire, but the P07 seems to suffer damage pretty quickly and easily from the reports).

At any rate, I think you'll be happy with either, and I think either one would be a solid choice.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    ...A coworker just loaned me his Cajunized P07 with a JMCK AIWB holster. I absolutely love this combo...never done the AIWB thing before, and man does the holster make a difference. That and presentation of the unloaded pistol from concealment is wicked fast...
    Does loading the gun slow down your draw
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I cut my shooting teeth on TDA Sigs and recently enjoyed a stint with a pair of P07's very much. The trigger reach and break is noticeably shorter on the P07 compared to TDA Sigs and Beretta 92s. Enough so that I struggled with finding the proper finger placement for consistent performance on the P07. The combination of grip shape, trigger shape, and trigger range of motion meant that my finger almost had to slide across the trigger face for DA shots and I would often get pinched when the trigger hit the frame after breaking. I haven't read many others being up this issue, so it may be unique to my physiology.

Importantly for the question in this thread, I did not find that the P07 carried any lighter than my 229 or 226. I'm too lazy to look up the official weights on a phone, but the P07 sure doesn't feel any lighter on the belt. I have no experience with the PX4, so can't comment on it other than to say that I considered it for a lightweight alternative and wrote it off after looking up the weights a while back.

Now, sweating on polymer versus sweating on metal is a different discussion. The polymer guns tolerate constant, caustic sweat much better than any metal-framed Sig. I just wouldn't invest in the P07 for the sole purpose of finding something lighter.

I’m a big fan of both. I was running a Cajun-ized P07 for the past couple of years and enjoyed it very much. Excellent gun, concealable and easy to carry, very shootable and reliable as anything can be.

I switched to a PX4CC because it’s all of those things and more. Though it is basically the same footprint as the P07, it conceals better - more like a subcompact- and shoots flatter. It carries lighter too, though that may be perceived more than actual.

I also noticed that the CGW CZ did not like steel cased ammo, while the Beretta has run everything I put through it without a hitch.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

User Tag List