Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Marines ask teens to stop lighting fireworks, get mobbed & beaten

This sort of shit is why I don't try to correct anyone's behavior in a public place unless I'm okay with the end result being someone dying.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    This sort of shit is why I don't try to correct anyone's behavior in a public place unless I'm okay with the end result being someone dying.
    Exactly. Better to just walk away.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Not saying they deserved it. But, to be objective, having been raised by a career marine I wonder how diplomatic the young marries were in their request.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Not saying they deserved it. But, to be objective, having been raised by a career marine I wonder how diplomatic the young marries were in their request.
    Always a factor. And with Marines, could go either way. If I had to guess, I’d say there was probably a 80/20 split between mannered requests and F-bombs. That’s before the alcohol factor.

Site Supporter
    Have gun. Will travel. Wire Willie.😁

9 arrested in relation to the incident. Video has turned up, it shows one of the marines being sucker punched in the back of the head, which seems to have initiated the physical contact.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/3-marines...214900641.html
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

3 people telling a group of 40 to behave is something less than smart.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    3 people telling a group of 40 to behave is something less than smart.
    I'd have to see the footage. Maybe the jarheads were dumb, maybe they requested that they get through the crowd, stop being shot by fireworks, who knows? I'm certainly open to the jarheads not reading the situation.
    #RESIST

A quick Google search turns up multiple videos of the “before” and aftermath. Basically, it looked like a crowded Spring Break beach party. The Marines were filmed drinking whiskey and participating in that homoerotic ritual of shirtless beach wrestling - you know, the one that really gets the attention of the ladies.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/video-...e-beating/amp/

Thus, I’m sticking with my original assertion - what the Marines did was something far less than smart. Smart flew out the window when just 3 of them showed up on that beach with alcohol.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    A quick Google search turns up multiple videos of the “before” and aftermath. Basically, it looked like a crowded Spring Break beach party. The Marines were filmed drinking whiskey and participating in that homoerotic ritual of shirtless beach wrestling - you know, the one that really gets the attention of the ladies.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/31/video-...e-beating/amp/

Thus, I’m sticking with my original assertion - what the Marines did was something far less than smart. Smart flew out the window when just 3 of them showed up on that beach with alcohol.
    It world appear the slant of "Flash mob goes Lord of thr Flies on three devil dog patriots." Is a bit of a stretch.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List